Chapter 49 :)

"Rocky... That's impossible. He likes Vanessa, I know it." I assumed.

"Laura, I wouldn't lie to you... You're like another sister in our family. And I'm not saying you should like Riker too, but it's true. Laura, he likes you."

Laura, I wouldn't lie to you. Rocky's voice repeated in my head.

Knowing him, yes. He wouldn't lie to me.

But, how could this happen? Vanessa's my sister. I could never do anything to hurt her.

Or... Have I been hurting her already?

The feelings in my head are mixed. Literally blank.

"Laura... If you don't believe me till' now, you should know he said your name by mistake instead of saying Vanessa."

I was shocked, "No Rocky, I-I believe you. But... Really? He said my name instead of Vanessa's?"

"Yes."

"Huh, that's weird. Cause by accident today, I said Riker's name instead of Ro-" I suddenly stopped talking once I realized what I was about to say.

"What was that?" Rocky asked, with a slight evil smile.

"Nothing! Nothing! I said nothing!"

A big smile suddenly grew on his face, "You said Riker instead of Ross! You like Riker!"

"Shh!!! Rocky! Quiet! Ross'll hear us!" I covered his mouth and pulled him closer.

"I knew it! You do like Riker!" He said again, in a shouting whisper.

Ok, I give up. "Alright Rocky... So maybe, I do like Riker-"

"YES!"

"But it doesn't matter! I'm dating Ross, he's dating Vanessa, and plus... He's a lot older than me."

"Laura, age doesn't matter to him. It shouldn't matter to anyone. If Riker likes a girl, he'll stick to it. And he'll never stop thinking about her."

Rocky and I were basically sitting next to each other, scrunched up against the back of a wall.

I looked down on my lap, playing with my fingers, thinking about what he said.

Then suddenly, there was a voice from behind, "Laura! Laura! Where are you?"

"ROCKY! ITS ROSS!" I panicked.

He quickly looked behind us, and saw him walking towards here.

"HOW ARE YOU GONNA GET HOME?!" I asked again.

"Laura😜 Chill. The private jet is like a trip from the house to the mall. I'll be fine. Just give me a call if you need me :)"

I nodded, "Thanks Rocky..."

"Welcome. See ya."

"See ya."