Chapter 69 :)

It's raining outside💕 I thought it'd be the perfect weather to update💗

-

Ross' POV

After I realized what I said, I ran after her right away, "Laura, please! That's not what I meant!" I chased after her and grabbed her hand, but she turned around and let go.

"You never mean anything Ross!" Laura shouted. "You said you loved me as well, but you didn't mean that, did you?" She started to walk away again, but I didn't chase after her anymore...

We walked around for half an hour until Laura found a small opening and easily found her way back to Riker and Rydel.

Laura's POV

There were tears in my eyes. I didn't want Riker to get mad at Ross, but I know that once he sees me crying, he will suspect something.

I walked back to them, carrying the leaves in my hand. Rydel was awake, laying down on Riker's lap. As I walked back, I tried to wipe my tears. Well, bad idea because Riker saw me and easily new something was wrong.

"Here are the leaves, Riker," I said, giving them to him.

"Laura, your eyes are red..." He said.

"Hey, you okay?" Rydel asked me, sitting up.

"I-I'm fine," I lied.

"Nope. You're not. Stay with Rydel," Riker said and stood up, leaving me alone with Delly.

"Alright, he's gone. Spill," Delly laughed.

"Ross said I'm nothing to him..."

"WHAT?!"

"Rydel... It's nothing, really!"

"No! It is a something!" She started to get up, but I got worried.

"Rydel! Your foot!"

She turned around, "Your foot hurt too, but that didn't stop you from getting leaves for me. Look, you're like a sister to me... You and Vanessa. Right now, I really don't know who Ross is. That's why I'm defending you." She continued walking, following Riker who was already talking to Ross.

~

Riker: What did you do?!

Ross: What?

Riker: To Laura! What did you do to Laura?!

Ross: Gosh Riker, why do you have to be so protective? I wouldn't be shocked if you were protecting Vanessa, but Laura? Really?

Riker: I'm protecting her because she's Vanessa's sister, nothing else.

Ross: You sure about that?

Riker: *lies* Yeah.

Rydel: *marches up to them* How dare you Ross?!

Ross: What?!

Rydel: You said Laura was nothing to you!

Riker: You did?!

Ross: Fine fine! I did! But I didn't mean it!

Riker: You never mean anything Ross.

Ross: You and Laura are exactly the same, you know?

Rydel: What's with the attitude, Ross?

Ross: Nothing! Ugh! Just leave me alone! *pushes Riker*

Laura: *thinking* Did he just...?

Riker: Ow! *pushes back*

Rydel: Riker, Riker stop!

Ross: *ignores Rydel, and punches Riker*

Rydel: ROSS STOP! STOP IT!

Laura: *thinking* That's it... *walks up to them* ROSS, LEAVE RIKER ALONE WOULD YOU?!

Ross: Stay out of this Laura!

Laura: No I won't! Stop hurting your brother!

Ross: *lets go of Riker* Then stop hurting my feelings!

Laura: You're the one hurting mine! One second you're with me, the next you're with Maia, and then you call me nothing!

Ross: I didn't want to say that! Laura, I was just really angry that you kept comparing me to Riker!

Laura: Just like how I said, only because he cares about me more than you do!

Ross: How do you know?!

Laura: Cause even if we fight, I know that he wouldn't just leave me out on the streets to lay down under a box, hiding from the rain!

Ross: But I didn't know you stayed there!

Laura: No. My point is you took Maia back.

Ross: Maia isn't that horrible! Stop judging her, and look at yourself first! Because in my point of view, you're just a stupid girl who tries to get attention.