Awanas

At school we have to do community service. For mine I wanted to help out in my church's Awana program. It's a place where kids from preschool to another age (so specific XD) can go on Wednesday nights and learn about God, play games, and eat some food.

We called them and told them I would start this week. I go there today (I'm writing this on Wednesday) and instantly am like a deer in headlights because there was a lot of people there. I walk over to the people in charge and say nothing, because I didn't know what to say or how to formulate words.

That's when the lady asks me if today was my first day at Awanas. Do I really look that young?! Probably not. I tell her no and that I'm the new helper for any class she needs help with (+1 social point). She tells me I can help out the first and seconds graders. (*internally dies* YES! I LOVE THAT AGE GROUP!)

I go down to their room after we pray and the teacher tells me what to do. There was four tables and each helper had a table. I sat with two boy and two girls, all in second grade. The teacher said that the two boys are the loud and misbehaved ones but I didn't have a problem with them at all.

The boys whispered about me, I have no clue what they said. I helped them memorize some Bible verses, misspelled some names, and gave loads of well-deserved high-fives. Then I heard the boys say my voice is weird, they like my Star Wars shirt, and I'm weird and a little scary. But they grew to like me. One of them asked me if I was 20, thank you little girl.

Seriously, these kids were so cute. I love kids so much and can actually talk to them! I have several of my own kids at school and all of them are adorable.

So anyways! One of my kids broke a record for how high he got in his book and another one finished her book! The snack people came in and fed them then they went to play.

I sat in awkward silence on the bench the whole time. A little girl told me I have the same name as her baby doll which was the cutest thing EVER! Next week I'm bringing a book. Or two.

AN: Sorry this is a day late, I was at Nicko_Heap 's house!

Kay thanks, byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!