6.Carnivals

I'm getting better sick-wise.
___________________________
Dean Winchester always enjoyed carnivals. His mom had taken him to a carnival that was in town while his dad hunted a vampire that had appeared there. And when one came into the state he had to take one of his newfound "crushes" with him. Cas was confused when he first said the word carnival-he forgot that Cas wasn't a human, rather an intelligent celestial being-and thought there was some ritual to it. Dean laughed, saying that there was no sacrificing involved, before he realized that maybe this would be the first carnival involving all sorts of blood, gore, and death.

"Come on, please? I love carnivals, I think you will too." Dean begged. Cas had been sitting on a park bench-Sam had gone haywire on him after he had accidentally ruined his favorite book-. He looked up at him and sighed, standing up. He crossed his arms and threw him a suspicious look. "..Fine. Where is this.. carnival  you speak of?" Dean rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Its just down the road-" Cas was reaching out two fingers towards his forehead head. Dean grabbed his wrist and stopped the hand a few moments before. "-And no teleporting. I want this to be my treat." He loosened the grip on his hand and turned to walk towards the Impala. A few minutes later, he thought that Cas had hesitated and decided not to come, since the only footsteps he could hear were his. But, he relaxed when he saw the angel's silhouette in the front seat. Dean opened the door, got in, slammed it shut, and started the engine. It was an awkward drive there. Both knew about the sexual tension between them, but didn't mention it at all.

The carnival wasn't gory or anything, but it was themed like an old fashioned one, with faded colors plastered everywhere like red and white. There was a row of concession stands with a gigantic Ferris wheel in front of it. There were some odd people dressed up as clowns-Sam would get a kick out of this-. He looked up at the Ferris wheel and motioned for Cas to follow. As usual, he tilted his head and followed.

"What is this?" He asked, following a few steps behind. Dean explained what a Ferris wheel was before entering a compartment. Cas slowly sat down as a bored looking worker pressed a button that started the ride.

Cas tensed up as the ride started up, and they were lifted off the ground. "I did not expect this.." He said slowly. Dean looked at him and put a hand on his shoulder. He smiled comfortingly.

"It's gonna be okay, Cas. We're getting closer to the top, so.. Just don't look down." The compartment boxed them in, so there wasn't that much room to move around. Cas took a breath in and looked out into the horizon. He was taking deep breaths in and out, and looked obviously relaxed. "I will be fine as long as I am with you." Dean felt his face flush. Cas probably didn't mean to say that.

"What?" He said, flustered.

Cas looked at him with wide eyes, and his face went red. "I.. Did not mean to say that. Pretend that didn't happen." He grabbed the collar of his trenchcoat and pulled him closer. Cas looked confused.

"Dean?" He said, but never fully got the words out of his mouth before the distance was closed between them. He wrapped his free arm around him, before realizing what he was doing. Dean quickly pulled away, and untangled himself from Cas. The angel looked at him, and tilted his head, squinting. "Why.. Why did you stop?" He said. "Isn't it customary to kiss the partner on the first date?" 

"Uh.. Well, I didn't really know t-that you would.." He faltered, stammering. Dean blushed and turned back towards the horizon. He felt Cas staring at him, and a few seconds later he leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. Dean turned slowly back to him and cleared his throat. Cas looked confused once again. "I'm sorry, Dean." He looked down, and was obviously embarrassed.

"No no.. I was the one who started it."

The Ferris wheel compartment had halted at the very top of the ride. The bored worker had probably fallen asleep, because when he shouted down at the worker, he saw a figure slumped over on the controls. "It looks like we are going to be stuck here for awhile." He mumbled, turning back to Cas. Cas had a smug expression on his face.

"You do know that I am still an angel, and I can just bring us down?" He said. Dean sighed, embarrassed.

"I didn't realize." He said as Cas pressed two fingers on his forehead. They were on the ground in an instant. The pair stood awkwardly for a few seconds before Dean turned and walked towards the Impala before Cas could see him blushing. There was the sound of wings fluttering and Cas had gone into the front seat. He opened the door and got in, starting the car. They rode in silence.

"Dean.. I am truly sorry." Cas said softly. Dean turned towards him after stopping the Impala near the bunker. He sighed, looking at him.

"It's okay. Like I said, I started it. It's not your fault." He rubbed the back of his neck. Cas leaned forwards and hugged him. Dean pulled him over to himself so that Cas was sitting on him.

"Cas.. You do know that I love you, right?" He said, hesitantly. He felt Cas nod into his shoulder. His grip got tighter around his neck.

"I've known since about a year ago." He mumbled, burrowing his face into The crook of Dean's neck. He rested his chin on Cas's shoulder and hugged him tighter. "..Do you like me back?" Dean asked, once again hesitantly. He felt Cas nod into his neck. He smiled, and buried his face into Cas's shoulder.

"Oh god, Cas, I love you so much." Dean said, before guiding Cas's face away from his neck so that they were staring at each other. He leaned in and kissed him deeply, rewrapping his arms around him. The kiss lasted for about 30 seconds, and they had to pull away for air.

"I love you too, Dean." Cas tilted his head. "Does this mean we are in an intimate relationship?" He asked. Dean nodded, smiling.

"If you want to, sure." He said, kissing Cas on the forehead. Cas rested his head on Dean's shoulder and fell limp. He assumed he had.. Fallen asleep. How is that possible? Angels don't sleep. He then remembered that Cas was currently running out of grace, and must be human now. Dean opened the car door, got out, and rested Cas on his shoulder. Cas had wrapped his free arm over Dean's neck, but was still being dragged along by him. He approached the bunker, and unlocked and opened the door with a loud and heavy sounding clang. Sam was waiting eagerly by the door.

"Did it work?" He said. He had come up with a plan to help Dean get Cas and him together. His brother walked over to help him carry Cas, but stood down after Dean had shot him a glare. He dragged Cas over to his room, and set him on the bed, before removing his shoes and jacket and settling in besides him. He wrapped his hands around Cas's waist and slowly drifted off to sleep.

___________________________
I think this is a good place to end this oneshot. I'm trying to think of a "regimen??" (Is that what it's called???????) to start posting them.. But I'll figure that out on another day.
c:
___________________________