48. Bring Me Light (7k Reads Special)

Credit to my sister for the title and prompt!
Anyone seen the new Harry Potter movie? NEWT SCAMANDER IS A CHILD AND I LOVE HIM.

ES IST MEIN KIND!
___________________________

"Castiel, get down here. I have a serious case on my hands."

The flutter of wings signaled the arrival of his feathered friend. Castiel stepped out from the shadows and interrupted the rest of his sentence with loud footsteps. "Yes, Dean?"

The guy still intimidated him to this day.

"There's a cult near us."

"What do they have to do with monsters?"

"They.. they have wands, Cas."

The angel tilted his head, blue eyes filled to the top of the pool with confusion. "What do you mean? Sorcerers..? That's impossible. They died out in the medieval era of Earth." Castiel muttered, crossing his arms and stepping closer.

"Cas.. they're wizards."

Silence. No response.

"Your a wizard, Harry." Dean quoted in a gruff Scottish accent, smiling softly. Castiel's eyes sparked with remembrance. "Oh. Oh."

"Why and how are they here?"

"I haven't found anything on the how part but I did find out about the why. Apparently in the 'wizarding' universe, they are called Death Eaters. I remember them, I think they worked for.. Heh, 'Looooord Voldemooort'." He responded, shoving a gun into a bag.

Castiel glanced at the gun. "You plan on killing them?"

Dean nodded to his friend and slung the bag over his shoulder. "Aren't you coming? Let's kill us some wizards.. Harry."

~
The two approached a sad, worn down looking field- Castiel with an Angel blade up his sleeve (literally) and Dean with a gun loaded and safety off. "Let's go." He gestured with his head. Castiel nodded, eyes wide and aware.

They slipped into the field like it was a corn maze, and dared not split up. Castiel stopped, frozen in his spot, Angel blade equipped. "Did you hear that?" He said with a hushed voice.

"Expelliarmus!" A red-hot white light sprinted past him like a bullet. Figures materialized from the shadows, and kept shouting the.. spells while waving their wands frantically. Dean raised his gun and shot-a direct hit- the chest of the one nearest to Castiel, who ducked and weaved under the spells with intense concentration. Dean shot at a few others before he ran out of bullets.

SHIT!

Castiel stabbed one in the shoulder with the blade. Surprisingly, it worked. The wizard howled in pain and backed off, wand vibrating angrily. Dean punched and kicked blindly in the swarm of wizards attacking them. He heard someone shout 'Expelliarmus' again and his unloaded gun exploded out of his hand in shattered pieces.

"Pick on someone your own size!" Castiel's gruff voice shouted above the chanting of spells. Dean had been knocked onto the ground and all wands were aimed at him. "I'm an angel, I can handle your pitiful spells more than he can! Bring it on!" He said. Wizards turned towards him, and soon, his friend was bombarded with neon, multicolored spells.

"Cas..!" He yelled, standing up. One wizard turned to face him and pointed his wand. Dean stopped in his tracks, or, rephrase, he was stopped in his tracks by nothing.

Cas was hunched over, bleeding. The blade was discarded on the ground.

A death eater laughed and the wizards spread out, away from Cas.