42. Nature's Gift

Random title, I know. Btw, changed my profile a bit, cause king George is my queen and will always be

Currently Twelve and I stayed up trying to win Plague Inc. on my phone. It's not working. Fkkin Fungus. Then I was like, oh shit, I need to write.

Also welcome, welcome new people!

Prompt requested by (the ever so epic person): _deans_impala_
___________________________

Dean woke up, suddenly. A dull headache reminded him of the night before, of drinking. He sat up in his bed and stretched out his sore muscles, not bothering to relax at the cracks and pops that they made, sending relief through his tired body. His heard turned, first towards the alarm clock he had purposefully set up to get up earlier, and saw, in blinking red letters, that it was 12:30.

Then, his eyes wandered up, to the slowly swaying blinds from the decent rental home window. Just from the unseemly slit between the bottom of the blinds and the window, he could see something white fluttering through the air.

He thought it was a bird, and got up to check it out. Dean shoved the covers off and was greeted to a slightly thick, cold air in the room. Goosebumps formed as he walked over to the blinds. He took the string that was swaying gently on the framing of the window and let the blinds click open as he pulled it down. When he released the string, light, desperate for empty space, raced with glee into the room.

He ran a hand through his hair and looked through the frosted window. Wait... frost?

Dean let his fingers brush the window, and felt a slightly wet, and very cold surface. He rested his palm on it and wiped it sideways, the frost coming off in a wet sheen on his fingers. He looked through the smear he had made, and saw little white flecks falling through the air.

"Snow?" He murmured to himself, before wiping his hand on his boxers, gazing in astonishment. It didn't snow in Kansas, did it? Dean looked harder. The snow was probably about six feet deep, or less. It was a blinding white. He always thought it would be blinding, but not that much. It was like the sun had come down to the earth and rested on the ground.

"Oh, Dean. You're awake!" He turned, and saw his tall, slightly intimidating teddy bear of a brother, standing in the doorway, wearing many, many layers of jackets and a few flannels. He looked like a really puffed marshmallow. "See the snow? Isn't it cool? C'mon, Cas is already outside."

Dean nodded slightly, still surprised at natures gift. He watched Sam leave and then turned to his dresser, grabbing a tee shirt, jeans, boots, thick socks, a jacket, a rain jacket, a sweatshirt, and finally- another jacket.

After forcing it all on, he leaned down and tied up his boots, before standing and walking out of the door into the hallway. It was a very peaceful dark, with natural light filtering through from the back door into their "backyard".

He jogged slowly over, and walked out onto the stone flooring, ice cracking beneath his feet. Dean closed the door shut behind him. As he turned, a blur of white suddenly thwacked right into his face. He scrunched up his eyes, and cursed mentally, guilty at the fact that he didn't bring goggles. Or a scarf.

"Goddammit, Sammy! When I'm done with you-" As he finished wiping snow off of his face, he could see a familiar face with a smirk plastered across it. Cas.

That ass.

"Oh- You're so dead!" Dean dropped to the ground as Cas did the same, and compacted the snow into a ball, before kicking out of the way to dodge one that flew past his ear.

"Try me, Winchester." Cas replied, his voice carried by the gentle breeze.

Dean pushed himself up and clambered closer, and wheeled his arm, letting the snowball thrust out of his hand as the momentum carried him forwards. Another snowball hit him, this time on the shoulder. His snowball had hit Cas directly in the chest.

"Gotcha!" Dean said, getting up again and racing towards his-no. Not his. The angel.

Cas pile-drove snowballs one after the other as he approached. One: in the shin. Two: miss. Three: Stomach. Four: miss.

He grabbed snow off of a few bushes and, planning to smash them into the side of Cas's face, grabbed his shoulder and started to shove it into his hair. Cas retaliated by pulling them both backwards, where he tripped and fell to the snow, rolling down a small mound of the white fluff.

Cas entangled their legs suddenly and tried to get fully on top of him. Dean gathered snow with two hands on either side of himself, scooping as much as he could carry. Cas pinned his elbows down before he could strike. Suddenly, the angel was on top of him, stranding his sides.

"Dammit."

Dean looked up at him. Cas's face was wet from snow, and his cheeks and nose were red from the cold. That only seemed to lighten and make his eyes even more of a shocker.

Cas let his arms go, sliding his own down past his head, linking them around it. They were face to face now.

Cas sensed that he had glanced at his mouth, probably, and leaned down the rest of the way, connecting their lips. Dean sighed slowly as warmth pulsed through him. He let his arms wrap gently around his shoulders, and felt Cas tousle his hair.

He only broke Cas's grip to catch a breath of air. Cas looked hurt.

"Did I do something wrong?"

Dean smiled softly, shaking his head. "No. Just couldn't breathe." Cas furrowed his eyebrows and gently placed his forehead on Dean's chest.

"It doesn't matter, because you already left me breathless anyway." He spouted out. Dean watched, satisfied, as Cas's face went tomato red, a stark contrast on the snow.

"I love you."

"I've always loved you, Cas."

Cas looked up at him, and soon, they were kissing again.

Until..

Until a handful of snow slammed into his neck.
___________________________
eyyyyyyyyyy I didn't pull this one out of my ass. I'm proud of this one, actually c:

Anyways, I realize I set the vote goal way too high. Soo, can you peeps get this to 290 votes?

it'll motivate me either way, lmao

So, I hoped you enjoy this one! Send me prompts over PM! LOVE U

TIL' NEXT TIME!

~Grace