15. Stuck On the Bus

Cas boarded the heavily crowded bus, on his way to a theater where he was going to watch.. Well, anything. He quickly snatched a seat, breath still visible as the air outside soaked in. There was a baby crying somewhere, two British people were arguing about something to do with crime, another two were cuddling, and a couple was laughing and talking about something.

Cas wished he could have someone like that. But that would never happen, would it?

Just then, one last person boarded the bus, and the doors squealed shut and made a hissing noise. The bus started to move, and the town was lost behind him. Snow was falling in packs, and the wind was heard howling from the thin windows. Cas looked around, and found that it was quite calm except for the two British men talking. He heard the name 'John', and they hugged. Like he said-he wanted someone like that. A relationship. His last relationship with someone was with a girl named Meg, but they broke up after Cas was staring to question his sexuality. But, they remained friends.

After about an hour, there was a revving sound, and the bus stopped with a loud crunch. The voice of the driver came on the loudspeakers. "Folks, it looks like we will be stuck here for a while. The wheels are caught in a ditch." There was a collection of groans and many people fell silent. "If you want to get off, fine with me." At those words, the people walked towards the exit, and the bus was sucked clean, except for one guy. He had light brown hair and green eyes, and was wearing a grey flannel and a brown leather jacket. It was interesting attire. Cas was reminded of the eighties for some reason. It was mostly because the man carried a Walkman with headphones plopped on his ears.

There weren't any heaters in the bus, so Cas could only curl up into a ball and try to get some sleep-or warmth, for god's sake. After about five minutes, footsteps came close to his seat and stopped abruptly.

"Is this seat taken?" He could tell it was the guy. His voice had a tone of worry in it, and Cas sat up. "Um.. No. You can sit here." The guy sat down, and Cas scooted over to give him room. He took off his headphones and laid them around his neck, and looked over at Cas, and smiled. "I'm Dean."

Cas decided to return the smile. "I'm Cas." Dean held out a hand, and Cas took it, shaking hands before letting them drop to their sides.

"Where were you off to?" He asked, crossing his arms. Cas rubbed his arms and hands. "The theater. I was bored and wanted to do something. You?" He responded, and smiled at Dean again.

"I was just traveling to a mechanics shop.  I left my car there for repairs." This intrigued Cas, because since he seemed like an eighties lover, maybe he had an old car?

"Oh. What kind of car is it?" He asked. Dean responded quickly and efficiently. "A 1967 Chevy Impala." Cas nodded, knowing it was an old car. They went silent for a few minutes, before Dean noticed that he was cold. "Cold?"

"Yeah." He said. The trenchcoat he was wearing didn't help. Dean took off his jacket. "Let's switch." He gladly took his trenchcoat off and gave it to him, while taking the jacket and throwing it off. It smelled like grease, leather (of course), and.. Pie? He felt warmer already. "It suits you." Dean commented. The trenchcoat suited him too. Except for the fact that it took away the eighties aspect to him and replaced it with like.. The sixties.

But, he was still a little cold. Dean must've had a superhuman mind to notice this, because he gently took his arm and pulled him closer into a hug. He gladly fell into it, and wrapped his arms around him. "Hey Cas.. Are you, er.. Single? Do you have a girlfriend?" Cas felt a blush creep up his neck.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend." He heard Dean sigh with relief. "What about you?" He shot back.

"Nope. No boyfriend or girlfriend."

"Bi?"

"Bi. Gay?"

"Yes, gay."

A few seconds later they broke out into a fit of laughter. Cas looked up at him, smiled, and then burrowed his face into Dean's neck. "I think that this is the first time that I'm glad this bus is stuck." He mumbled. Cas nodded in agreement. They were still complete strangers, but Dean seemed like a nice guy. Or maybe he was a psycho killer who was going to murder him and the bus driver- you never know.

"Hey Cas, have you seen the movie "Twist and  Shout"?" He asked. Cas shook his head. "Maybe if we get out of this mess.. I can take you to see it? It's pretty sad at the end. Just a warning."

"I would love y-to."

Cas felt the bus lurch and they were free. "You boys need to go somewhere?" Dean and Cas looked at each other, nodded in agreement, and told him to go to the local movie theater. There they watched the old romance movie called "Twist and Shout". Dean was right- Cas  nearly cried about halfway through. Then, they went out to dinner, and Dean walked him home. They had each given the other their number, and promised to call each other.

"That was fun." Dean commented, and took his hands.  They stared at each other, and Dean leaned in to kiss him on the head. Cas took the note and kissed him, mouth to mouth this time. It was quick, a bit too quick. There was a moment in which he thought that Dean would run away, but instead was pulled into a deeper, longer kiss. When they broke away, he hugged him, said goodbye, and Cas walked into his house.

A week later, they got together again. The same bus, the same date.

___________________________
I'm on a bus with the whole of the marching band right now, I woke up at like two in the morning, threw up, and then got up at five to go to this marching band parade. It was kind of terrible. On the good side, one of my friends had a muffin and water. That made me feel less like crap. I can't see anything outside the windows, there is so much fog and stuff. There is a sign of a plain, though, outside. Which is cool. SO MUCH COUNTRYSIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

If you don't get the T&S reference for when they go to the theater, God dammit. Search it up. Read it. Then cry, and listen to Elvis. If you don't, this chapter doesn't make since. Read. It.

Also, we had McDonalds for dinner with all 100 kids, and the workers were super stressed, if that makes me feel any better :D

Also, holy crud, almost 300 views!
should I upload weekly?

Love you all~