33. Shut Up

Prompt requested by the one and only _deans_impala_ !

Hope you like it!
___________________________

Cas had come to the bunker, but it wasn't a normal day. He was particularly mad at one of the Winchesters. Dean. And for no reason at all.

Well, for a lot of reasons, but some he could not name.

One.

He is a stupid, stupid human.

Two.

He makes terrible decisions.

Three.

He's a very good looking man. And I hate him. For that. Very. Thing.

So when he came to the bunker to find a half-drunk Dean swaying around to the beat of some hip-hop, which, was not classic, surprisingly. He felt a little taken aback.

Cas wandered a bit closer.

"..Dean?"

Dean looked over at him, and grinned wide. "Cas! Hey! Hi! Hello! Greetings! Bonjour! Hola! Hi hi hi! HELLO! Dance with me!"

Cas rolled his eyes, just the teensiest bit irritated at the Hunter. He didn't notice him taking him into his arms and swaying him with him.

Even though irritation was growing still, he couldn't help but feel a strange warmth growing inside him as his hands fit smoothly around his elbows, and him swaying him ever so gently to the beat.

A song came on.

One that he wasn't entirely familiar with, even though he was fitted with all of the culture of humans in his days in heaven.

Oh don't you dare look back

Just keep your eyes on me

I said you're holding back

She said shut up and dance with me

He was surprised at the upbeat song. He didn't think that lyrics like that would be upbeat. And why.. Why she? Why not.. He? Or... They? Or.......

A word from Dean made him snap out of his thinking.

"Hey C-"

"Dean."

He pressed the pad of his thumb to Dean's mouth, blocking out any sound.

This woman is my destiny

She said oh oh oh

Shut up and dance with me

"Shut up and dance with me, Dean."

Dean didn't respond afterwards, and they swayed to the song. He noticed that Dean was glancing at his eyes and back down to his lips every so often.

We were victims of the night

The chemical, physical, kryptonite

Helpless to the bass and the fading light

Oh we were bound to get together

Bound to get together

They had both moved just a tiny bit closer. An inch, maybe, or more.