25. Lucky Rabbit

Thank you all for 100 votes! It isn't that big of a milestone, but it is to me! So yeah. Let me just write this now c:
___________________________

Dean was taking a break from hunting and research to look around and sort through boxes in the Men of Letters library. He came across a small, wooden box that was surprisingly light. I wonder.. He tugged at the lid, which was jammed shut. Dean felt frustration build, and he placed the box on a dusty table. He grabbed a knife and pushed it under the lid, moving it rapidly until he heard the rusting crack up from inside. Dean pulled the lid of to see.. A black cloth covering.. Something.

Curious, he lifted the cloth and felt his hand brush something very, very furry.

"Oh, shit." He dropped the cloth. Dean knew exactly what it was. He pushed the cloth off again, sighing, as he picked up the rabbit's foot from the keychain. He had to burn it, since he touched it.

But then again..

He hadn't had that much luck with anything for awhile. He might as well make the best of it. Dean stuffed it in his back pocket and walked out of the room. As soon as he walked out, he saw Cas standing a few feet away. Sam was sitting on the couch.

"Hey, how is the research going? I'm going out. I want to go gamble-" Suddenly, he was falling, and landed with a thud onto Cas's shoulder.

"Oh, crap. Sorry man. I must have tripped on something." Dean pushed himself back up, looking down at the floor. "It's.. Fine, Dean."

"Well, I'm just going to go now." Dean brushed off a feeling, held deep in his chest. He walked through the hallway, and towards the front door. As he was leaving, footsteps thudded behind him.

"Dean, wait!" Cas called, stopping a few inches away from him.

"What?" He snapped, wincing slightly as he saw the angel's face wind up in confusion. He tightened his fists into balls and fought the urge to say sorry for being a bit too harsh.

"Well.. If you do not mind.. May I come with you?"

Dean sighed. His hands clenched tighter. "Uh.. Sure, Cas. Maybe I can help you find a chick or something." As he turned to the Impala, Cas's eyes flashed with hurt. "Yes.. That would be.. Okay." Cas walked to the passenger seat and got in, followed by Dean. The car started up after one go at the key and sped off. There was no traffic on the road, thanks to the foot. Best day ever. What he didn't know was that it was about to get better than expected.

They arrived at a small club in the town, and walked in. Dean sat at a booth, with Cas on the other end. Immediately after there was a sale on the drinks. A waitress walked over, placing a round of drinks on their table.

"It's happy hour!" She gave Cas and him a smile before walking off. He glanced at the Angel, who looked a bit uncomfortable.

"Cas, you okay?"

Cas waved him off with a hand. "Yes." He sounded oddly stony for wanting to come with him. He was looking at his hands, now clasped together. All of the sudden, he sighed and stood up.

"It's.. I- I just need some fresh air. I'm sorry." Then, Cas bolted for the door. Dean's legs started moving a few minutes after. He was carried automatically to the door, worried suddenly for the Angel. What did I do wrong? "Cas?" He called out. The only people outside were a few smokers and hungover men.