13. Flowers At the (Dorm)step

200 views!? WOOOH! Thank you guys!

PROMPTS PROMPTS PROMPTS PROMPTS

______________________________________________________________________________________

Cas was a Senior at his local college, majoring in Religious Studies. He really didn't know anyone, except for the occasional teacher or student. So, he mostly spent time at his dorm in and out of lectures, reading some religion books scattered around his room. Cas never really saw his dormmate, maybe because he was always busy. He was sitting at his desk one day, reading about archangels, when there was a knock on the door, a clatter as if something was dropped, and footsteps running away. He looked up, and stood, confused. Cas slowly approached the door, and turned the handle to find no one there. Looking down, he saw a flower. Just sitting there. There was a note attached to the stem. He bent down and picked it up, studying it. It wasn't like any flower he'd seen before. It was shaped like a rose, and slapped himself in the face. It's just a yellow rose. Cas took the card from the stem and looked over at it.

Hi. I don't know your name, but you look like a cool person. Hint: I'm in engineering. Also, I'm not gonna say my sexuality. That's for you to decide.
~D

Cas felt his face go hot. Why would someone send this to me, and know that I am gay? Maybe.. He is gay? Or is it just a harmless prank?

Cas shook off the uneasiness and looked for something to put it in. He had only one plant in his room, which he watered regularly out of habit, so he stabbed the rose into the dirt there, and placed the card on his desk. The person who sent me the rose is in mechanical engineering.. Maybe it's a guy, I haven't seen any girls in that section. It's guy. Someone likes me. Someone is brave enough to leave something at my door.

Cas took off his shirt and flipped down in his bed, and dozed off.

When he woke, he was thinking of the guy, "D", that had sent him the flower. He dragged himself out of bed, and saw a shadow move outside his dorm, a shuffle of papers, and footsteps. Cas walked to the door, opened it, and looked outside to see someone dart around the corner of his door. He sighed, and looked down, not expecting there to be a rose sitting there with a note on it. Again.

Cas bent down and picked it up, stepping back and closing the door.

Hello mystery person who I really like. There's a party at Balthazar's, you know, the preppy dude in business? It's on Sunday.. So, two days. Kapesh?

Cas found himself blushing again. He pulled on a shirt and stretched. If I can just catch him in the act.. Or, maybe leave a note for him.

Cas went into action. He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen, sat at his desk, and started to write.

That sounds cool. I don't know you either.. D. Are you sure that you aren't going to drug me and then kidnap and torture me to insanity, then murder me with the worst ways possible? Or pull a Hannibal and make me self suicide with a poisoned drink?

He felt like that was an overkill, but he thought that it would make him seem.. Smarter, or something. Cas really didn't have anything to do, so he grabbed a book on archangels again that he was reading and.. Read.

The next day, he went to check if there was a letter, but his was gone, like it was taken. Disappointed when he didn't see one, Cas turned back around, closed the door, and walked over to the window. He remembered after a while that there was a florists place across the street when a good looking male crossed the street, holding a yellow rose, like the one that was sent to him. He squinted to look at him. From what Cas could tell, he had sandy brown hair and dark..ish skin. Is that him? D? He looks like a D. That could be him.

Cas struggled to pull on clothes, and sat in a chair near the door. His heartbeat sped up as he heard faint footsteps coming closer and closer. The footsteps slowed, and he heard papers rustling again and something dropping on the floor. He looked out the small window and saw green eyes glance at the door, lock with his, freeze, and "D" dashed away. Cas approached the door for the third time, opened it, grabbed the rose, and sat at his desk after closing the door, again.

Nice to finally get a response from you. Cool handwriting. By the way, my name is Dean.

Dean. Cas face-palmed, remembering him thinking of possible names for him. He couldn't wait till Sunday.

He woke up Sunday morning, and spent the whole day getting ready. He didn't know if the party was formal or just plain party, so he put on something that seemed like it would be both. A trenchcoat, white shirt, blue tie, and jeans. He walked out the door, phone in pocket, and rushed to get to Balthazar's house.

Cas arrived, hearing the thrumming music and cheering crowds. He didn't really know where to find him, so he just entered the house. He was hit with a blast of music and alcohol, the typical college party. Cas was dragged along by a crowd of people headed towards the pool- that Balthazar had. People cheered as they leaped into the water, dragging Cas along. He was hit with a wave of fear as he struggled to get out. As Cas broke the surface, a gentle hand grabbed him and pulled him out of the pool. He locked eyes with green. The green eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Deans voice was gentle, and as Cas nodded, he pulled him away from the crowd. Away from the bright lights and blaring music. They had gone down into Balthazar's backyard, where it seemed like it could be out of a Roman villa. They stopped, and stared at each other. Dean smiled. Cas smiled back.

"Hi." He said, embarrassed. Dean pulled a rose out of his pocket. Cas blushed, surprised.

"Oh. Heh.. Um, thanks." Cas stammered, Dean putting the rose in his hand. He backed up, and did a bow.

"May I have this dance?" Dean said with a little smirk. Cas hesitated, then slowly took his hand, and was pulled forwards into Dean's arms. He wrapped his arms around his neck, and put his head on his chest. He felt Dean's head rest on his shoulder. This guy, who he barely knew, already had his heart.

They started to sway to the upbeat music, content and enjoying each others company. He learned that Dean had a brother named Sam, and had ran away from their abusive father at the ages 14 and 10. He was the older brother. He made jokes about his long-ish hair, and how he was really tall. He felt comfortable in his arms, like he had known him for years. Deja vú.

Dean pulled away from him, only to be pulled into a soft kiss. He could smell the faint.. Smell of alcohol, grease, and nature, like trees and grass and twigs. He relaxed into it, and wrapped his arms around his neck. It felt like it lasted for an eternity, and it was like the cheers and yells from the house party had been for them.

Why Dean decided to send flowers to him in the first place, was a mystery.

But it was the greatest decision he had ever made.
___________________________
Hey guys. Enjoy that one? This is to celebrate 200 reads! Thank you all! I never thought that this oneshot book would come.. Sort of far. I'm gonna keep my oneshots in the 1000-2000 word range, as suggested by iwritedreams . She will update soon. Don't worry.

~once again, thank you all!