38. Love Spell

AHHH
Almost 200 votes! Thank you guys so much!

___________________________It all started one grey, gloomy Tuesday

It all started one grey, gloomy Tuesday.

A case, on a local witch.

"So, what do we have to look out for?" Dean had asked his brother, Sam. Sam was busily typing things in into his labtop.

"Well, her name is Esker. That is all I know."

A slight flutter of the papers on the desk signaled Castiel's arrival. Dean glanced at him as he crossed his arms and listened to him speak.

"Uh.. Any symbolism on the name Elsker? Does it mean anything?" Dean asked. Sam sighed.

"I could search it-"

"Love." Cas interrupted. Dean looked up to see that he had moved closer to Sam and him. "Elsker means love in Norwegian." He added slowly.

Sam nodded, eyes flashing, like he was saying: thanks, I needed help.

Cas glanced upwards. "She is living in an abandoned warehouse just off of the street outside. She is not powerful, as it seems that she has not put any sigils to ward of creatures into her home."

Dean relaxed slowly. An easy case. Not one that really kicked him into the gutter.

"Great. Can you get us there?" Sam asked.

"Of course. Do not doubt my abilities. But there is one thing I need to tell you before we do go." Dean pushed off of the desk and shook out his arms, rolling his neck slightly. "What's up?"

"She can only be killed after she has been weakened by a spell. Which means that two of us must be hit by it."

"Why two?"

Cas flashed him a glare, with those dark, crystal blue eyes that sent a tingle up his spine.

"What do you think? Love. Two people must fall in love until the spell wears off. But.. It takes a few days for her protection to wear off. So, we must take her hostage until.. Thursday." Cas explained calmly. Dean nodded slowly.

He wasn't thinking about who would fall in love.

Cas had placed two fingers on both of their foreheads and suddenly the world was warping and changing around them. He swore, in those minutes, he could see just a flicker. A flicker of something glowing and ethereal. But, he always blinked before he had the chance to really look.

They landed in the warehouse. Cas glanced at a rusted doorway.

She's in there, he mouthed. Dean nodded, and raised his gun, which had somehow been shoved into his hand. Probably by Cas.

He could see her, just standing there, as if in a trance.

As he pulled the trigger to shoot, she murmured a few Latin words and suddenly he was being blinded by a white, pink tinged light. He took a few steps back. After blinking it all away, he realized that Cas had caught his arm before he had tripped and fallen on a pipe.

He looked over at him. Cas's eyebrows were furrowed with confusion. "What.. Her shield is down already?"

Dean pulled himself up, watching Sam knock her out and drag her towards them.

"I got her! That was quick." He said.

There was an uncomfortable silence.

"...So.. Who fell in love?"

Cas dropped his gaze to the floor. "Um.. Dean was hit by it. Once. And that brought down her protection spell.. So I think.. It was brought by touch." Dean instinctively touched his elbow, where Cas had touched it to steady his fall.

Sam looked at the two of them. From Dean, back to Cas.

"Let's go."

Cas pressed his fingers onto Sam's forehead. Dean waited for him to put his fingers on his head, but instead felt a hand slink around his arm. Fingers brushed his wrist. Dean slowly entwined his hand with the hand, and realized that it was Cas's.

He wanted to pull away, but he didn't.

Soon, they were in the bunker.

Cas released his hands and started to help Sam with the witch, pulling her into a protected guest room. Dean felt dumbfounded. A blush crept up his face as he walked into his room. What is wrong with me? Do I like Cas? I'm not gay.. But.. Isn't Cas gender less? Does that mean I'm Cassexual?

He shook the thoughts away, but they just came running back.

His door creaked open.

"Dean.."

Dean dropped his hands to his side, and stopped pacing around the room.

"Cas, I want to--" Cas walked over and pressed his lips to his. Dean was shocked at first, before kissing him back. He let his hands rest gently on the small of his back. Cas rested his hands on his elbows, sighing softly.

It ended way too soon.

Cas stopped kissing him and rested his forehead on his. "I know, Dean.. I know."

"Did you just Han Solo me?"

"I do not get that reference."

Dean chuckled softly and kissed his forehead.

"Well, we can watch Star Wars now." He said, pulling away from the hug and grabbing his hand.

It seems as though the love spell has gone full effect on me...

They walked out of the room.

Wednesday
Sam was standing in the living room, minding his own business when two shapes walked through the door from Dean's room. It had been like that yesterday-the same thing. Cas and Dean had their hands linked, and Cas was clinging to his human like his life depended on it.

Like the day before.

Dean looked like the happiest person in his entire life. Cas had a slight warmth in his face and eyes, which were usually steely and cold.

Sam was okay with it, he knew what was happening. It was just a spell. But if he had to endure just one more fucking day of those two, melting, gooey messes he would have to kill them both.

Sam huffed out a breath and walked to where the witch was tied up. He glanced at the sigils on the wall-Still fresh. The witch had just become conscious.

"You! When will that stupid spell wear off?"

The witch just smiled at him. "Why? Does it even matter?"

He sighed, exasperated. "They have been acting all lovey-Dovey since Tuesday! It's THURSDAY. THIS NEEDS TO FUCKING STOP." He told her. The witch laughed slowly.

"Oh, Hun. The spell wore off days ago. It was to last for one day."

"...What?"
___________________________
Lmao I loved writing this

ALMOST 200 VOTES AHHH
AHH
AHHHH
AHHHHHAHAHHAHAH

Sorry, I got excited.

im gonna go now

TIL' NEXT TIME

-Grace