20. A Cake For 500* (*580, now)

OH MY GOD.

I decided to go ahead and check my Wattpad, and I looked at my notifications to find nothing special. I looked at my story and.. IT HAS HIT 550 VIEWS. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW IT HIT 500. I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Anyways, I just came up with the two attempting to bake a cake together, and failing.

:)

______________________________________________________________________________________

"Hey, Cas. I found this cake recipe online.. Do you want to make it with me?"

The angel narrowed his eyes. "Well.. If there isn't a case we need to do.. Okay." Cas stood up and followed him into the kitchen, where Dean's lab top was opened to a page on a site called AllRecipes® that explained how to make a simple yellow cake. The ingredients had already been put out.

"Um... Dean?" Cas said. Dean turned around after opening the egg container. "Yeah?" The angel cleared his throat. "I don't know how to bake. Or cook, in that matter." Dean rolled his eyes, and smiled.

"Then I'll just have to teach you."

When he turned back around, Cas was thankful that he didn't notice him turning red. Dean leaned over the computer and read the ingredients on the screen again. "Okay, so, you tell me if we have the ingredients, and I'll check them off." Cas nodded and looked over the ingredients.

"Butter, sugar, flour..?" Cas put them on the table next to him, and returned to the ingredients. "Egg yolks-Don't worry, I separated them- and egg whites?" Cas carefully picked up the bowls of the separated egg whites and yolks and placed them on the center of the table to make sure that they wouldn't fall off, and once again returned to the ingredients. "Baking powder, milk, and last, but not least, vanilla extract."

Cas put the ingredients on the table, and studied the bottle of vanilla curiously. Why must they keep this in a bottle? He had to admit that he was confused. He set it on the table.

"We have everything." Cas said. Dean pushed away from the computer, picking it up and moving it off the table. He set it on the counter and cleared his throat.

"Okay. First, we 'Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9-inch round pans.'" Cas walked to the oven and figured it out quickly, cautiously turning the heat up to 350 degrees. Well. Getting a burn from this wouldn't be that bad. I've been in worse. When he turned, Dean had got out three pans and placed them aside from the ingredients, as well as that weird cooking spray that he kept by the oven. Cas walked over as he unscrewed the cap and sprayed it on the pans. "Here, you can 'flour' them." He handed him the bag of flour, and Cas walked over, scooping up flour and rubbing it onto the pans. This took about five minutes, and Dean had skidded back to the computer after watching him for two minutes to read the next step.

"Okay. Next. 'Beat butter and 1 cup of sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy. The mixture should be noticeably lighter in color.' Ha. Interesting." Cas didn't get the joke, at all. He helped Dean unwrap the butter and place it in the bowl with the sugar. Dean scoured the kitchen for the electric mixer he knew they had. Once he found it, there was a lot of moving around until they had a good place to mix the ingredients up. As he turned it on, some of the sugar that didn't immediately stick to the butter went flying out of the bowl. Chunks of butter went with it, and flung itself all over Dean's face.

Cas stood there silently for a few seconds, shocked, before being surprised at Dean laughing. "Well, shit." He cleared his throat once again. "C-can you help me with this?" He could barely talk from laughing. Cas felt a tickling sensation in his chest, and he laughed quietly, shyly grabbing a towel and helping him clean it off. After he had finished, Dean mumbled something under his breath. Cas just stared at him, and he looked up and cleared his throat once again, turning a bright red.