36. A Phone Call

Warning
This one is my first sad one.
While it might be cringy
Or cry..gy..
I like this prompt.

Death is in dis one.

Boom angst___________________________

Boom angst
___________________________

Cas's phone rang.

It was Dean.

"Hello?"

"Oh, hey Cas." His voice sounded.. Off kilter, but light hearted at the same time. Cas narrowed his eyes.

"Oh, hello Dean. What is wrong?"

"Oh, nothing, I just wanted to talk with you for a bit. I've been, y'know, neglecting our friendship for a bit." His voice was starting to rush.

"Oh. Alright. How has your day been?" Cas asked him, warily. Dean laughed slightly.

"Just finished a case. I'm just having a beer on the Impala." Cas nodded.

"If I had my grace, I would join you."

"That.. That would be nice, Cas." Dean's voice was getting a little bit breathy.

"What about you? What have you been doing?" His voice was rushed.

"I have been researching different specimens of monsters. Sam told me about something called a Dhampir. It's in Balkan folklore. It is what humans call a Vampire."

"That's.. That's nice. Um.. Can I tell you something really quick?" Dean asked. Cas shrugged, before face palming slightly. Dean couldn't see him shrugging over the phone. Or could he? Human technology never failed to confuse him.

"Of course.."

"Cas.. I.. I really like you, man." Dean said, voice hoarse, barely a whisper.

"I know you do. That isn't supposed to surprise me. We have been friends for so long."

"No, Cas.. I don't mean it like that. I like you." Dean responded quickly. Cas was taken aback.

"Really?"

"I love you, Cas. I've loved you since we started to get to know each other. Hell, that last night on Earth was when I fell in love with you. You looked terrified when that chick told you to come with her.." He let out a wheezy laugh. "I love you so much."

Cas smiled slightly, just a bit worried for the Hunter. "I.. Love you too. Are you alright, Dean? Are you drunk? Do you need Sam to pick you up?"

Dean gulped loudly. "I'm fine.. Im not drunk. Just a bit tired. And happy for.. Me tellin.. You.. that.. I love you."

Cas leaned forwards on his chair. "You sound out of breath. What made you run so much? Take deep breaths." He instructed.

"Um.. I'm fine.. I'll do it any..ways." He took a breath in and released it. Cas relaxed slowly.