40. We Are Partners

Ugh thank you guys so much I don't know what to say

There's some new people I see voting and commenting, hello people! Enjoying my stories so far?

i hope so

Also I really, really need prompts.. So if you want to or if you have one, I can do it! I think smut would be preferable.. I need to practice it.

ANYWAYS

I write now

bye bye
___________________________

A piece of paper was slapped on Dean Winchester's desk. He looked up to see the Lieutenant, Bobby Singer.

"Case, for you. It's a two man job. Suggest grabbing one of the newbies, or somethin'." Dean sighed slowly and rubbed his eyes. He had gotten to work early, way too early, and was tired-of course.

He stood up and walked over to another desk, where Gabriel Novak was sitting, twirling a pencil in his fingers. His feet were strewn lazily across the keyboard, toe-tips touching the monitor.

"Hey, do you mind coming on a case?" He tapped the case folder impatiently. Dean just wanted to get it over with, and sit in his little cubicle all day.

Gabriel shook his head. "Nope. I'm going on a case with someone else today. Sorry."

Dean huffed, frustrated. "Okay." Then, he walked around, shooting glances into the cubicle as he walked past the little entrance ways. He came across one that made him stop in his tracks.

A man was staring at his computer screen, typing fluidly. His eyes- oh, damn! A bright, storming sea of blue. He imagined himself on a boat suddenly, the color of his eyes the sky, lightning flashes replicating the small nervous system patterns in them.

Dean closed his mouth, unaware it was open. The man looked over at him, eyebrows furrowing.

"Oh. Hello... Is there something I need to do?"

"Uh, hi. I'm.. Uh.. Dean Winchester. I wou-.. Was wondering if you wanted to go on d-uh.. A CASE with me." He gestured to the folder in his hand. Dean mentally face-palmed as the guy's eyes fluttered with amusement.

"Oh.. Of course. My name is Castiel Novak." He stood up, and held out a hand to him. Dean took it hesitantly, noticing how his grip was (for.. Uh, research. DUH) and shook his hand.

He noticed that Cas's hand lingered for just a millisecond.

"Okay.. Well, we need to sign this case. Or, at-least, I do." Dean told him, opening the folder. His eyes rolled over the papers.

Murder.

He took out a pen, and wrote his name as neatly as he could. Dean noticed this, not knowing that he had OCD or something. Or, maybe, Dean was just trying to impress him. The world may never know.

"How do you spell your last name?"

"N-O-V-A-K."

"Okay, N-O-V-A-C." Dean said as he scribbled it down.

"No."

"Hm?"

"N-O-V-A-K. K."

"C."

"No, K!"

Dean chuckled slightly, changing the C to a lopsided K. "I was kidding."

Dean glanced at him, and noticed that he was blushing. Cas looked away from him. "Oh.."

Dean pocketed the pen and closed the folder, gesturing for them to leave the cubicle. Cas followed him, and soon they went outside and into a cop car.

"Hey, mind if we stop at like.. Starbucks or something? I got here way too early." He asked him, as he pulled out of the parking lot. Dean drove to the nearest Starbucks, subconsciously. "Yes, that's fine. When did you get here?"

Dean yawned loudly, turning into a parking place between two cars. Cas smiled softly at him through the mirror. "About.. Um.. Four in the morning?"

"Oh. I got here around.. Six, I believe. It might have been earlier or later, I do not know." Cas responded. Dean nodded in remorse, and got out of the car. Cas, once again, followed him into the store.

They ordered their coffees, and walked back to the car. As Dean had taken a few gulps, as well as Cas, as he got into the car, the lid of his coffee fell off and coffee spilled out onto the driver's seat.

"Oh, shit!" Dean moved to pick it up, as well as Cas, at the same time. And, almost ironically, his lid also popped off and spilled onto the seat even more. Dean was too tired to care, and looked up at him, chuckling softly. "I'm sorry, Dean.. I can clean it up-"

"Hey, I got it. Everyone makes mistakes." Dean grabbed a bundle of napkins and wiped up the coffee, whilst Cas ignored what he had said, and picked up what was once Dean's coffee. Cas's still had just half of the coffee in it.

"There is still coffee in mine.."

Dean tossed the dirty napkins outside.

"Oh. Do you mind sharing?" Dean asked him hesitantly.

Cas shrugged. "Okay. That's fine with me."

Dean grinned at him and they traveled to the murder sight. Sometimes, they reached for the cup at the same time, and Dean noticed that his hand was a little shaky. Soon enough, he just grabbed it and let them hold hands.

They got to the sight, and let go of each other's hands. As they got out and walked next to each other, Dean felt a hand brush his, and he took it subconsciously.

The day went as usual for Dean, and he taught Cas the ropes, and let him go off on his own.

Soon, they had enough evidence to head back to the department.

And Dean had a question for Cas.

"Hey.. Um.."

Cas glanced at him, and smiled again.

"I dunno, would you like to go out sometime? Like.. On a date?" He asked hesitantly. Cas turned a dark shade of red, and grinned unexpectedly.

"Of.. O-f.. Course.. Dean. I-I would love to!"

___________________________
Casually listens to the POTO soundtrack.

for like
the
seventh??
time

casually

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this one! I liked writing it, like all the once f-tons I've done.

Prompts? You can DM them to me, so I actually talking to someone other than _deans_impala_ , for prompts c;
(No worries, thank you fren)

250-255 votes for the next chapter'! Thank you so much!

TIL' NEXT TIME

-Grace