49. Merry Christmas, Cas (Christmas Special)

Happy holidays to you all! I hope you get amazing gifts and have a wonderful time!

I'm so excited, how about you guys?___________________________

___________________________

Christmas Eve, 2009 (4)
"Merry Christmas, Cas."

Dean drops an ugly sweater in his lap, and a Santa hat. "You gonna join us for celebrations or what?"

The then young looking angel looked up at him, eyes narrowed. "I have work with Heaven soon, but I might be able to get- oh. I can't. I'm sorry, Dean."

The Hunter looked just a little disappointed, before he turned around and walked into the motel room they were staying in, hearing the flutter of wings and the brush of air as the angel flew away. He turned to face the empty spot, thinking Cas wouldn't wear the sweater and leave it on the floor, but in fact the sweater and hat were gone.

Christmas Eve, 2010 (5)
"Merry Christmas, Cas." A broken voice said near the angel. Cas looked up to see a teary eyed Dean standing next to him.

"Where is Sam?" He asked, standing up to speak with the hunter. Dean took in a shaky breath.

"He's gone, Cas. With Lucifer and Michael in the cage. He's in hell.."

Cas opened his arms to the Hunter, but Dean shook his head and clenched his fists, closing his eyes as tears ran down his face. He quickly wiped them off. "No. I can't cry. I can't. Not on Christmas."

Cas tilted his head. Isn't crying a natural human emotion?

"It's okay to cry, Dean."

Dean started stepping back into the motel room. Cas stepped forwards towards him, and grabbed his elbow. "I don't have any heavenly duties for awhile. I can stay." Dean had a glimmer of warmth in his eyes, but it disappeared in a heartbeat.