24. A "Feathered" Suprise

Prompt requested by: Cow_trash
___________________________

Dean arrived at the bunker one day. It was a normal day, for the Winchestersj at least. When he entered through the doorway, he slammed face first into a black, soft object.

"What the-" After  shaking off confusion, he saw the object flutter and slide across the floor, bending as it went. "Dean? Is that you?" He peeked around the corner to see Cas, the charcoal object folding behind his back, where another was clumsily folding before Dean could see. "Um, yeah, it is.. What are those things?"

The Angel looked embarrassed. "Nothing. It's fine." He saw feathers poking out from his back, and they reached all the way to the floor, bending backwards from the length. They had a tinge of dark grey to them, and as Dean scanned the floor, he could see feathers scattered on the marble and carpet.

"Wait. Hold on, are those your wings?"

Cas sighed, giving in. "Fine.. Yes, they are. I didn't know you could see them. You have gotten smarter over these years." Dean scoffed and and moved forwards curiously.

"Can I.. Touch them?" Dean asked, reaching out a hand slowly. Cas blushed profusely. "Why?" Dean huffed a laugh. "I'm just curious, dude. But seriously, may I?"

Cas sighed once more and cautiously glared at him, unfolding a wing halfway. Dean noticed as he got closer that they were just a little bit transparent, and he could smell a faint trace of smoke, and greenery, such as plants, trees, and warm, summer air. Cas was still looking at him warily as his fingertips touched the bone covered by a thick layer of down feathers. He had to stop touching it to take in how soft the feathers were. "Woah.. Oh my god. I'm not joking right now, these are softer than any blanket I've ever touched."

Cas gulped, and started to relax slowly. Dean placed his full hand on the bone and felt something stir in his chest. Intimidation. He could feel how heavy they were, and how much power they held. He moved down to the first layer of feathers, running his hands through them, eliciting a small gasp from Cas. "They're so goddamn soft.. Can I just.." Without a reply from the Angel, he managed to wrap his arms around the wing, and buried his face into the feathers. He was washed in the scents, them getting overpowering. He felt a forcible tug and he was being dragged along the floor as Cas folded the wing, trapping him. He didn't want to leave, but struggled anyways, starting to get amused. Cas had a mischievous look on his face, and he just watched him. Soon Dean gave up and cuddled into the wing, taking in it all.

"You do know, when you are hugging and touching my wing, that is actually just me. Not my vessel, me." Cas stated.

Dean felt intimidated and slightly giddy, hugging the wing. "that's awesome.. Hi, Cas." He honestly felt as if the person was different than the one he was talking to. Hell, Cas wasn't even a person. He didn't know what he was thinking.

Cas finally loosened him from his grip and let him go. Dean watched as he fully unraveled his wings, and they stretched across the room, barely brushing the walls. One hit the couch and moved it a foot, off from the carpet. "Holy shit." Was all he could say to that.

As if to show off, Cas flapped them once, and the force shot him towards the ceiling, where he hit it with a crack, and fell down back to the floor. "Oh shit! Cas!" Dean managed to catch him before he fell, and tumbled to the floor. The wing he landed on folded and entrapped him in darkness, Cas pressed up against him.

"Are you okay?" Dean was holding him, almost protectively. Cas nodded in the darkness as his eyes adjusted, and he watched as the wing unfolded again. "I'm fine, my wings just sting. I'm an angel, Dean, I'll be fine." Dean scoffed, letting out a relaxed breath, and pressed the side of his face into his wing again.