41. Love Never Dies

Ayyye reference title amirite? *sobs* sorry for being inactive, I just watched Les Miserables, and I can't, because I recognized eight people. EIGHT. From the 25th anniversary.

BAI NOW
___________________________

People say, when you meet your love, your soulmate, your one and only, you stop aging. And if the phenomenon--carefully researched by scientists-- is true, then you can never die of old age. Of course, there are other things that can kill you. Murderers. Psychopaths. Cars. Bears. Anything, even a little trip-you can fall and break your neck.

Dean Winchester had always been a fan of horror, and was curious about death. Not that he was depressed. Not that he was a murderer underneath that shell of emotions. Because he was just curious. What happened after death? Is there a Heaven? A hell?

Soon enough, people got too scared- slash intimidated, by him. Roommates only passed after the monthly check-up to see if he had aged.

He was certain, once, that a blonde haired, hazel eyed woman would be his soulmate. It turned out that it wasn't that way. Dean found out he didn't like girls right when they kissed. And then at the monthly check up, he was aging again.

So when a handsome guy walked onto his dorm step, he was fully expecting him to be his soulmate. His eyes were a shocking blue, electrified by thin rimmed black glasses, with messy, slightly curled black hair pressed flat against his forehead.

His name was Castiel, and boy, did that name roll off the tongue. The lean guy was carrying a box, and it looked pretty heavy.

"Hey, need help with that?" The guy's eyes widened with surprise, but he shook his head.

"Uh.. no, I'm fine." As he walked, one of the cardboard flaps flipped open as he walked past the electric fan he had set up in the hallway.

BIBLE

Dean walked closer to him, and took the box. "Bibles, huh? That's some deep shit." He dug deeper into the box and pulled out a thinner book. "History of The Archangels.." he read. "Are you religious?"

Cas furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. "No.. I'm not, is that a bad thing?" Dean quickly shook his head. "No, no! Nothing against it.. just asking." He cracked an awkward smile.

Cas chuckled lightly. "Oh. Okay. Well, I'm actually a religion freak. I like the stories, and the Angels. My family forced me to study it, forced me into their religion. Kicked me out when they found out I was dating a boy across the street." He explained. Dean felt a blast of hope.

"I feel you."

Cas smiled softly. "What, you too? You like guys too?" Dean swore he saw his eyes glimmer with hope. He nodded slowly, setting the box down in Cas's current room. His phone buzzed just as Cas was going to say something, vibrating on his leg.

"Hold on, sorry." He mumbled to Cas, pulling the phone out of his pocket. "Oh. It's the Doctor."

"Hello?"

"Dean Winchester?"

"Yeah.. Is something wrong?"

"Yes, everything is fine. I just wanted to reschedule that appointment set up for next month." The guy explained. Dean nodded slowly, glancing at Cas.

"That's fine, erm.. when should we come?" We referred to him and Cas, of course. He sighed over the phone.

"Would it be okay to come now?"

Dean stopped breathing, staring at Cas. "Um.. yeah.. uh, sure. Of course. We'll be there soon."

"Alright. Goodbye."

"Bye." Dean hung up the phone, and shoved it in his pocket again.

Cas was looking at him, arms crossed. "Who was that?" He sounded concerned. Dean smiled softly.

"A Doctor. He wanted to reschedule the monthly check up. Do you mind coming with me?" He asked hesitantly. Cas shrugged, and started walking to the door.

"Uh, no, its okay. I'd rather go out anyways." He replied, smiling at Dean.

And then they were on the road, on the way to the hospital.

They pulled into the parking lot. Luckily, the hospital was just opening, and only a thin stream of people were going in. They walked in and checked in, and sat in the waiting room.

Nearby, there was clapping.

"Congratulations! You have found your soulmate! I am very happy for you two!"

And out walked a happy looking bunch.

The doctor walked in. Scottish, short. Annoying. Dr. Fergus looked at them. "Dean Winchester, Castiel Novak?" His eyes flitted through the both of them. Dean stood up, and waited for Cas to follow him. The other guy got out and skittered after him.

They were led to a room, and both were asked to sit down.

"You know how this goes. I'm going to check your hormones first, then link your two effiy little brains together. If there is a change in hormones.." Dr. Fergus chuckled, "it means you have found each other as soulmates."

Dean nodded slowly, and a nurse came in to help Dr. Fergus strap doctor shit onto their arms, neck, and head. Wires plummeted around him. Dr. Fergus dismissed the nurse and sat down at a computer, and recorded their vital signs and hormone levels onto a notepad.

"Alright. This part might be a little painful!" Dr. Fergus warned, before connecting two of their wires together. There was a short zap of electricity and darkness surrounded him.

"Let's see here. It'll take a few minutes." Dr. Fergus's voice was echoing around in his empty thoughts. He slipped in and out of consciousness. In the time that he was awake, he found that a hand was inching towards his, and he took it quickly before falling into unconsciousness again.

It was like a light had popped on, and he regained consciousness. Dr. Fergus removed their headpieces and Dean looked around to see nurses crowding around them.

"That was interesting." He said, smiling softly. "I have never seen two sold connect so much in my life." The people around them started to clap.

"Congratulations!"

Dean's heart flared with happiness. He looked over at Cas, who was smiling softly at him. He smiled back.

This will be a good life, now.

___________________________
Sorry for not updating! I have fallen sick. Thank you, my sister's friend's younger sister's twin, for giving my sister a cold, and now I have it. :D

I binged watch the first Season of Stranger Things. So good. I need a new show to binge watch. goddammit, grace, you have already watched phantom 20 times, you don't need to again!

So yeah, thanks again for my prompt giver bla bla bla

And also TheFanEd for being mah friend I beta read her fkking stories and I love them

Yaaas

Im going insane now

WAKT I FORGOT

HAPPY 5K REAAAADDDSNWOOOKOOOOOOO

295-300 vote goal must be reached for new story, fraaaaaands!

BAI