46. Changing Colors

Well, my friend suggested this one.

wait

no

its BOYFRIEND.

goddamit grace

lets try that again

well, my boyfriend suggested this one

ok here ya go folks

yas

___________________________________________________________________________

Dean was sitting in a coffee shop. Just an ordinary, beautiful one. One with walls the color of soft tea and a floor of chocolate brown. But it wasn't ordinary as well. The people in there weren't ordinary. No one was. What was the word ordinary even doing in their universe?

As he drank his coffee, warmth splurged through him. Through his reflection in the mirror next to him he could see the tips of his hair turn a lighter brown, before it spread all the way to the roots of his hair.

A couple sitting nearby had dark, dark red hair. Passion.

A person hunched over a newspaper in the corner of the shop had light blue hair. Sadness. Hints of black. Exhaustion.

An old man had green hair, with silver streaks. Happiness. Close to dying.

As you can already tell, the universe Dean lived in was not normal. Not exactly, anyways.

A pigment, more or less a gene in the hair was attached to the brain cells, right in the scalp. It was called affectus colo colui cultum, but in the English, non geek way, it translates to "emotional color change". He learned that many years ago, from his brother, Sam, who still sat on his ass in Stanford. As his eyes trailed across the room, he found himself staring at particularly innocent looking guy.

Who was staring right back at him.

His face was beet red.

Dean watched his hair, black as the night, slowly, speeding up at times, turn that same color. Dean glanced back at the mirror. What? His face had flushed as well.. and his hair.. it changed to a neon shade of pink. Do I have a crush on this guy?  Dean turned to look back at the guy, but he was gone.

He watched him disappear out the door, the little  bells jingling off to the side. Dean slapped a bill down next to his coffee and got up, starting to follow the guy. In the sea of colorful hair, he saw what he was looking for. The beet red hair was fading quickly, turning to a mix of yellow and green, nervous embarrassment. Dean started jogging. I'm gonna meet you, you mother fucker. You hot motherfucker. I need to meet you! He could feel his head turning dark blue, a mix of exhaustion and determination to catch up to the man.

"Hey! Wait up!" Dean called towards the guy. The man had his hands stuck in his pockets. The man turned towards him. He watched his hair turn white- surprise.

Dean stopped in front of him. "D-do I know you?" The guy squeaked. Dean shook his head.

"No.. I just.. I saw you in the coffee shop. So, you find me attractive?"

The hair turned red, again. "N-no!" He exclaimed. "I-I just-"

Dean laughed slightly. "It's okay, dude. My name's Dean. Dean Winchester." He held out a hand. The firey red in the guy's hair had lessened. The man took his hand, and he watched him gulp softly. "Um.. Castiel. Novak." Dean noticed that Castiel hadn't let go of his hand. He didn't mind, and squeezed it gently.

"Nice to meet you. I-If you don't mind me asking.. what's your sexuality..?" Castiel breathed out.

Dean grinned. The thought popped in his head.

Forgot to mention. When that question is asked, the sexuality flag suddenly appears in your hair. Not like.. sticking out of it on a tiny pole. Just the colors. Castiel looked surprised when his hair turned magenta, purple, and blue. Castiel's hair went neon red again, which hurt his eyes.

"That's.. that's good."

Dean laughed again. "And if you don't mind me asking, can I have your phone number?" Castiel blushed.

"What?"

"Like.. so I can call you. Or..-"

"N-no! Its fine! Here.." Castiel let go of his hand and took out a piece of paper conveniently shoved in his pocket as well as a pen. ###-####-##, was what was written on it. Cas, well, right now, told me to x out his number so no one could call him. Anyways. He held it out to Dean. "Thanks. I assume I'll be calling you?"

"Yes.. I hope. I mean-"

Dean didn't know why, but he did the most improper, proper thing anyone could have done. He took Cas's hand in his and kissed it. Cas's hair got brighter.

"I-ill see you.. around."

"Yeah, you too, Cas."

"Goodbye, Dean!"

"Bye."

_____________________________________________________________________

YAY IM WRITING AGAIN IM SO HAPPPPYYYYYY

I think I abandoned this and just now got back in the groove.

woo

This one was nice to write. I think I just built an outline for a fanfiction I have to write, haven't I? Well, now I gotta shove this on my note.ly page.

get mah whole story to: 345-350 votes for the next oneshot!

TIL' NEXT TIME!

~Grace