7.Plot Twist (and Shout, not)

Dean Winchester had always gone to his local liquor store to get the needed supplies (food, anything of "use") and there had always, always been a middle aged, sassy Scottish man named Crowley who worked at the register. But when he walked in and felt a new vibe in the store (rather than the boring vibe he got there) he knew something was wrong.. Well, at least different. Instead of the iced greeting he got from Crowley, Dean had gotten none. He shook it off and grabbed a pie from the dessert isle (pecan pie, of course) and a pack of menthols. Dean turned towards the cash register to throw the items on the counter, only to freeze in place at the man at the cashier. The man wore the same uniform (blue jeans, white dress shirt, and a bright blue vest) that Crowley had worn, but it was who was dressed in it was not what he had expected. A young (maybe in his 20s? 30s?) man with black hair and slightly tanned skin stood at the counter. His looks weren't what surprised him. It was his eyes. They reminded him of an ocean on a hot summer day, upsetting the browned sand that marked the border of the sea. They were a shocking color of blue, hard to describe, and also reminded him of a wolf's eye, focused on one and one thing only: him.

He must have stood there for about ten seconds because the man shifted and cleared his throat. "Are you ready to check out?" Dean was going to reply, he really was, but was shocked once more by how deep the man's voice was, and how gentle it was. He pushed down the shock and walked up to the counter, eyes flicking down to the name tag on the man's chest as he set the things down. Castiel. He thought that would probably be a mouthful to say for anyone. He watched the man pick up the scanner and (of course) scan his items. Dean rested his elbows on the counter and slouched over, still watching Castiel. Time to do a bit of low-key flirting. He thought, hoping he would get the man's number by the end of it. "So.." He started. Castiel looked up. "Do you come here often..Castiel?" He built up a smile. The man closed his eyes and sighed. Dean felt heat crawl up his neck.

Shit. Was that stupid? Of course he comes here! He WORKS here! Stupid, stupid, stupid! He mentally facepalmed.

"Well.. It is only my first shift, but I guess I will be here often. And please, I do not like my full name. Call me Cas." Cas replied steadily, putting the menthols and pie in a brown plastic bag. He went to grab the bag, but ended up brushing hands with him. That made Dean blush even more. God dammit, I'm like a teenage girl! He took the bag and held it loosely at his side. "Would you like your receipt?" Dean didn't hear the question, he was busy getting lost in Cas's eyes. "..Sir?" He heard him call at him, and snapped back into reality.

"Hey, uh, call me Dean. And yeah, sure." Dean added quickly. The man had a blue pen out, and wrote something on the receipt, before handing it to him. Cas half smiled at him and tilted his head.

"Have a nice day, Dean."

"You too, Cas."

Dean walked out the door, the bells jingling at the top and his heart beating quickly. He opened the door to his Impala and got in, shutting the door behind him. He looked at the receipt, curious at what Cas had written. On the back of the receipt was a number. A cellphone number. Dean flushed bright red as he read what Cas had written. Call me sometimes. You seem like a great guy. Dean smiled, pride building in his chest. As soon as he had arrived home, he rushed to grab his phone, which he conveniently left at his apartment. He entered the number into his contact's list and started to clean his apartment for the first time in years. Dean made sure to check each number so he wouldn't end up calling a random old dude, and put his phone back down to take a shower. After he had cleaned himself completely, he walked out and threw on a pair of jeans, a brown shirt and a gray-blue jacket. Dean scurried towards his phone and grabbed it with shaky hands. He dialed Cas's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Cas's voice once again made him jump.

"Heyyy, Cas. It's Dean, from the store." Dean smiled happily. "Oh. Hello Dean. I see you found my note." He could almost feel Cas smiling.

"I was wondering if maybe we could meet up sometimes, and go out to eat or something?" Dean asked, embarrassed. There was a slight pause.

"Of course, Dean. I would love y-..too." Dean, of course, noticed the mixup, and blushed even more than he was before.  Dean nodded and smiled brightly. "Do you have a break soon? We can go now if you want." Dean asked. Cas sighed and he audibly let out a chuckle. "I'm actually on a break right now. You can come pick me up at the store, if you want." There was the sound of the bell ringing on the door and footsteps.

"Costumer. I must go. Come pick me up soon." Cas hung up and Dean jogged, ecstatic, out the door and throwing himself into the car, speeding off. He pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, looking through the glass window of the store to see a man who was not Cas, but a man he had never seen before. He wore all black and a full mask over his head. There were audible bangs going off in the store. "Cas..? Cas!" He let out a strangled cry and rushed towards the store, yanking the door open. The man noticed him right away. Cas was in the corner, shocked, frozen on the ground in a ball. The man started shouting, pointing the gun at him. He didn't hear anything, because he was blinded by a burst of rage, throwing himself into the man and slamming his elbow into his stomach. The man let out a surprised grunt and tried to hit him in the head with the gun he was holding. But Dean saw it coming, and ducked out of the way, landing a hard blow to his fabric covered cheek. There was a loud crack and he knew he had broken the man's nose as he brushed against it. While the man was recovering, he grabbed his gun and tossed it aside, then got on top of him and beated him senseless until he had fallen unconscious. Dean got up and rushed over to Cas. He immediately inspected him for any gunshot wounds, and only found a bruise from getting hit in the face. "Cas, you're okay. You're okay." He took out his phone and called the police, staying with Cas every moment of the way. As the police arrived, he noted to put his hands up when they arrived. He shushed Cas, who was currently terrified out of his wits, and hugged him. He was shaking horribly, and breathing heavily. "I'm here. The police are on the way. It's okay." Dean took his face gently in his hands and kissed him on the forehead.

The door opened with a bang, and Cas buried his head into Dean's neck. He raised his free hand, and then explained what had happened. Two officers put the man in handcuffs and dragged him outside, grabbing the discarded gun on the ground. "Cas, we can go home now. If you want to come with me." Cas squeezed him tighter, tears streaming down his face.

"Please..? I would like to go home with you." Cas said, shakily. He started to stand when Cas grabbed his shoulder. "I don't want to stand." He said. Dean automatically picked him up and brought him outside, where the police cars had drove off. He carried him to the passenger side and put him in the car seat. He got in the drivers seat and drove them to his apartment, picking him up and carrying him again. Cas managed to get inside before locating the bedroom and throwing off his shoes, crawling fully under the covers. Dean followed him, confused. He took off his shoes and jacket before sneaking under the blanked to find Cas curled up in a ball under the mass of warmth and blankets. He scooted closer as Cas glanced at him. Dean leaned over him and kissed him. Cas kissed back almost immediately and snuggled into him after it had ended.

"Can I move in?" He murmured, wrapping his arms around Dean's neck.

Dean chuckled. "Sure Cas. Of course you can."

Sooooooooooo I hoped you like it. This is one of my longer ones, and be prepared: at 45 views I will totally try to get the word count of number 8 or 9 to 2,000. Tumblr is great for finding amazing prompts, no kidding. So thanks Tumblr. I'm obsessed now. Once again,

Check out my friend @iwritedreams to find an adorable oneshot/fanfiction about World Trigger! (please, she deserves the support)

(ALSO GOT A NEW COVER BECAUSE STUPID ME DIDN'T THINK "OH, IM GONNA CHANGE MY NAME WITH THE OLD COVER STILL ON IT.")

c: