22.Shotgun Shells

:3
___________________________
Sam and Dean were on a hunt. It was a normal, regular hunt. Except for one thing. The demon they found had gotten its hands on a shotgun. Whilst killing it, Dean was caught in the crossfire of one bullet that grazed his shoulder, embedding itself lightly in his skin.

When they got home, Cas was very worried about him. Sam decided to patch him up, do the stitching while human Cas, helplessly standing there and wanting to help, could do nothing. He wished he was an angel. Everything would be quicker that way.

"Hey Cas? I have to go use the bathroom, can you take over?" Sam said, throwing a roll of bandages towards him. Cas only nodded, and walked, silent to the half-naked Winchester sitting on the bed. While wrapping his arm, his hand brushed the handprint he had made all those years ago, rescuing him from the deepest deaths of Hell.

Cas's eyes got blurry. "T..this is all my fault, Dean."

The Hunter looked up from concentrating on the bottle of alcohol used to ease the pain. In both ways.

"No it isn't."

Cas tied off the bandages, and dropped his hands to his side.

"It is. I'm useless without my.. 'Angel mojo'. I wish I was an angel. You do too. Admit it." His voice hardened at the end of his sentence. Dean looked angry for a second before his eyes softened.

"I don't. I mean.. You were useful at sometimes.. But you being human is entirely different, and better."

Cas felt his eyes water and soon his face was wet with tears. He didn't notice Dean pulling him into his lap into a hug. "You're needed. Sam needs you. The world needs you. .. I need you." That only made him feel worse, remembering the time he was forced to beat him to near death by another angel. I need you, Cas. He winced.

Dean pushed him away from his neck after Cas had calmed down. His eyes were red, and there were bags under his eyes. He looked exhausted. The ex-Angel's hair was messy from days without care. The ex-angel looked sad, aswell.

"You don't understand. You're human. You've been a human all your life. I had matter, I had cause, being an angel. Now it's all over. I'm done."

Dean shook his head. "Well-I was a demon that one time. You aren't worthless to me. That's all that matters."

Cas just stared at him. "I don't want to talk about that one time. I'm useless-"

Dean was getting fed up.

"STOP SAYING THAT. WHO RESCUED ME FROM HELL? You did. WHO SAVED SAM AND I'S LIVES MULTIPLE TIMES? You did. EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE JUST A "PLAN OLD HUMAN" DOES NOT MAKE YOU WORTHLESS. TO ME. You Mean Everything in the world to me. How have you not noticed that?" He kept his voice at a low hiss, so he wouldn't attract Sam's attention. Thinking Cas wasn't getting it, he grabbed his wrist gently and placed it on his arm-right on the handprint. Cas stared at him, and they both were going red at the same time. The grip on the handprint hardened and Cas did that "head tilt" thing.

"Do you really mean that?" Cas asked him.

Dean only nodded, placing a hand on his cheek, wiping sleep out of his eyes. Cas felt cold against his chest, like he really just was a shell. A vessel.

"Cas, I do. I always have. Even when we weren't even friends yet, I loved you and I.. Didn't even realize it." The last sentence came out of his mouth before he could stop them.

Cas's eyes-goddamn, his eyes are so blue-averted from his face to his mouth. And back up again. Dean rolled his eyes.

"Oh my god, you don't need to wait. Come here, you little shit." Dean broke into a smile and pressed his lips against his. He made a mental note to thank Sam for leaving them alone. Cas's one hand was still limp at his side, and he wondered if the ex-angel had fallen asleep, but then the hand moved to his neck, draping around it. There was no tension in the kiss, no lust, just emotions being released.

When Cas's hands dropped off his shoulder and face, and he stopped responding, he knew that he had fallen asleep. He rolled onto the side where he was not hit by the demon, and scooted them under the covers after removing his shoes. The ex-angel reacted immediately, nuzzled into his collarbone and placing his hands under and around his under-arm to hug his shoulders. Dean sighed happily, and exhausted, placing his chin on his shoulder, and tangling up their legs.

He was half-asleep when he heard Cas snoring. Dean realized he was literally sleeping with a fallen angel. And even better, Cas-the one who was serious about his job up in heaven, watched over him when he wasn't awake, and was a total badass when it came to fighting-snored. He had to contain his laughter, and just fell asleep again.

That morning, Cas woke up first to hear snoring. He felt two things-one, he hadn't gotten that good of a sleep in a while, and two, he could feel the vibrations in Deans chest as he did snore.

It wasn't hard to believe that he snores. Well, he already knew that he did-watching over him from heaven. Cas managed to find Dean's hand in the mess of legs and grabbed ahold of it. The hunter moved slightly and he could see a smile developing on his face, tightening his grip on his hand. Dean rubbed circles in his hand, like he didn't know he was awake. Cas's eyes trailed away from the Hunter and towards the door. A figure stood there, peering in curiously. He knew that hair.

"Sam?" He whispered softly. "Is that you?"

Sam tiptoed in.

"Yes. I just wanted to tell you.."

Cas froze.

"That there's Breakfast outside. I'm going to the store. You want anything?"

Cas shook his head. As the younger brother headed towards the door, he heard him whisper "Also, I knew it".

Dean shifted and he heard him sigh.

"So I'm going to go strangle him. Want to help?"

Cas tightened his grip on Dean when he tried escaping his arms.

"No. But there is breakfast outside that Sam told me he made." He waited for the purr of the Impala's engine get quieter as it rolled into the distance to loosen his grip on Dean. The Hunter leaped up, dragging Cas out of bed and into the kitchen, where their new life together waited.

___________________________
Honestly I need prompts so don't be afraid to comment them!

I can see that more and more people are coming to find my story on Wattpad, since yesterday it was at like 670 views and now it's at like.. 715. Also, I love writing these. After I run out of space in this book, do I make a fanfic or another book of oneshots?

I need your opinion and prompts if I ever make a fanfic.

That's all for now, so go ahead and leave prompts for me!

Vote goal: 75-80

Also? Jesus, guys. I can't keep up with the vote goals to write them, OHMAGOD. It's all fine, I write quickly! Expect one tomorrow or like.. The next day after that!

*cough cough* _deans_impala_ thanks for the prompt, bruh! I'll take more :3

C: