35. Doubt (3K Views Special)

This is going to be a small ficlet special for this book hitting 3K views!

Thank you guys so much!
On with the oneshot, now, Grace. No ranty rants.
_deans_impala_ _deans_impala_ ty
___________________________
The Argument

"You're taking too many risks, Cas!" Dean said, aggravated, as he paced around the living room. Cas was standing near him, arms crossed. "First, you use half of your grace flying us over to the case, then, you use the rest of it to save me! You could have died!" His voice was steadily rising into a yell. "You should of left me there, I would have been fine."

Cas furrowed his eyebrows, confused at his anger.

"The Vampires would have torn you apart, Dean."

"I had a weapon, you idiot."

Irritation flared in Cas's chest. "I am no idiot. Those Vampires wouldn't stop if you cut off the head of one. No, they wouldn't. They would swarm you, capture you, and enslave you as a food source." He stated.

"Getting killed is better than you loosing your grace. We need your powers, Cas. You can't just go around and fall from the sky one day!" He shouted.

"Is that what I am, to you? A tank? A useless piece of machinery, stashed in the corner, waiting for the one day for me to come out and kill a big bad guy who you are too scared to defeat? You strut around and think you are on the top of the world because you are friends with an "Angel of The Lord"."

Dean scoffed, turning to him with anger once again flashing in his eyes. "You know what? You don't understand. You strut around and think you are on the top of the world because you are an Angel. An unkillable, emotionless being who can disappear and reappear and will, snap fingers to explode someone into a pile of blood, and much more. You don't know the pain and trouble of what I went through, as a kid, a little five year old taught to shoot to kill, a nine year old forced into a body of a solider, a thirteen year old not allowed to call his dad, dad, a fifteen year old having to protect a younger brother from his own father, and finally me witnessing his death. Oh, and I forgot. Having to drag my own brother from the flames of our old house after witnessing my mom die. And dragging him once again out of a dorm room as he witnesses his girlfriend's own death."

Cas felt anger build. "Dean. I am not emotionless. You do not understand the pain I felt when I went to my brothers and sisters and told them of my emotions. They did not get it. They didn't have the concept of emotions. I could have taught them but now they have all died to the hands of you and your fellow hunter friends. You didn't know the pain I felt when you left me there, after almost killing me, when you had the Mark of Cain. You didn't know the pain I felt when I realized that I loved you. When I realized it could not ever happen." He was yelling now.

"Don't bring that into this! You are an absolute idiot who makes wrong goddamn decisions all the fucking time! You are clueless to us and the world around it and you don't understand anything!" He yelled, shooting a biting insult back. Cas growled underneath his breath.

"I was there when Earth was created. I have been here since the dawn of time, and I rebuilt every last inch of your soul from Hell. I know everything about you, Dean. Do not underestimate-"

Dean slammed him into the nearest wall, fist clenched in the fabric of his coat. The other was raised slightly.

"Don't make me do this." He hissed. "Because I will." Cas stared at him through narrowed eyes. "Cas. I'm serious. Don't make me. I love you." His voice was hard and stone cold.