47. Under The Mistletoe

I'm being productive ;D!

____________________________________________________________________________

Dean walked through the bunker's front door, a bag full of eggnog in his hands. "Okay, lets set this up," He called to his brother, Sam, who was taking off a jacket and brushing snow out of his hair. He set the eggnog down and opened a bottle, taking out three cups from a cabinet. A flutter of wings signaled the arrival of his feathered friend, Castiel, who looked over at him, confused. "What is that?"

Dean chuckled softly. "It's called eggnog, Cas. It's eggs, milk and a little alcohol." He answered, pouring the eggnog into the three glasses. Sam looked uncertain.

"You know, I'm gonna skip out on this one. I need to research that Djinn we were hunting, so, you two have fun." He ran off.

Dean sighed, and poured out the eggnog of one glass. "Well.. I guess we can just hangout and drink."

"You do know that alcohol can kill you?" Cas mentioned suddenly. Dean shrugged, handing him the glass.

"You are immune and I've died.. what is it.. 100-300 times? Stupid Naomi." He glanced at Cas, who was glaring at him with worry. "I could care less about dying right now. It's Christmas, Cas! Relax, lets have some fun." He watched Cas's face flush red, and he took a sip of the eggnog.

Soon, they were both a bit tipsy (just a little), and were both sitting on the couch. Cas seemed relatively sober, but the eggnog had stuck a few chords with Dean. "So.. Cas, how have you been?"

"I am fine, Dean, how are you?"

"Don't care about me, I just wanna talk about you, angel." He said, words slurred.

Cas looked at him, shocked and confused. "You don't care about yourself?" He stood up, and started walking away, towards the doorway leading out of their kitchen. Dean stood up as well and followed him. "Wait, Cas, that's not what I meant, I was just fl-" He stopped when the Angel shoved him against the frame gently. "Why don't you care about yourself, Dean?"

Dean laughed, tipsiness overcoming him. "'Cause no one else cares 'bout me." He mumbled. Cas shook his head, looking up at the doorframe. A familiar fake plant with two blood red berries hung over them, plastic snow sprayed over it. A mistletoe. How? "I cannot believe you. I know someone who loves you."

"Can you let me go first?" Castiel shook his head.

"No." Dean scoffed at the answer. "Okay, who loves me then?" He shot back.

Castiel gulped. "I do."

Dean laughed, for a long time, before realizing he was serious. "Are you.. You're serious." He felt sober again. "Cas.. I.. Is this because we're under a mistletoe? I think Sam put that up." Dean looked at Cas, who had a serious glimmer in his eyes.

"I love you, Dean. I love you so much it hurts to talk or think about you. It's driving me insane, I can't-.." He started to hyperventilate, his grip on his shirt lessening. Dean gently took his face in his hands. "Cas, hey, It's okay."

Cas tried to escape the situation, hiding under Dean's chin. "Cas, lemme see you again." He said, forcing Cas's face from under his chin. Cas wrapped his arms around his neck, breathing deeply.

"Cmon, Cas."

Cas looked up at him, seeming to have calmed down. "Dean.. I didn't mean to-"

Dean squinted at him. "Oh no, you didn't make this  awkward. Actually, I'm relieved you said that."

"Why?"

"'Cause I kinda like you too."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I mean, I'm not gay, but you aren't male, or female. That doesn't make me gay."

"But you see me as a man, Dean."

"I wouldn't care less if you were male or female."

Castiel glanced suspiciously at him, and then the cold wall in front of his eyes melted, and he blushed softly. "Dean?"

"Yeah?'

"..Can I kiss you?" Dean was surprised but also grateful at the question.

"Why ask?" He responded softly. Their noses were touching. He gently pushed past the nose and pressed his lips to his. Dean smiled when warmth burst into his chest. Dean ran a hand through the jet black hair, and heard a soft, satisfied sigh come from Cas.

Dean was the one to break it after a few minutes of silence. "Cas, I love you, so much."

"If this is what Christmas is like, I'd want it to be this way forever." Cas responded.

"I want the same." Dean smiled at the angel.

Silence.

"Dean?"

"Yeah, Cas?"

"I want to be with you."

"Is this a proposal?"

A smirk.

"Maybe."

_____________________________________________

merry cringemas everyone!

Its snowing here.. for the first time in a year. Since I've been here this is the longest time where snow has stuck to the ground, its nice!

For the next Oneshot: 370-375 votes for my next oneshot!

ahh! This book is so close to 7k!

Ill be writing more Christmas themed ones, any suggestions?

'TIL NEXT TIME!

~Grace