8.Just For Tonight

I just had a random prompt pop in my head :D Its going to get pretty fluffy and probably my longest oneshot. Call it a ficlet :) Also, almost to 100 views! Thanks everyone <3

One

Dean, Sam, and Cas were sheltering in the bunker for a few weeks. There had been signs of demons in nearby towns, powerful ones, that had been tracking them for months. They had to demon-proof the bunker (setting up iron barricades on the doors and the one small window in the bunker, putting sigils everywhere on the walls, floor, and ceiling). But some demons had gotten into the guest rooms, and were currently trapped (or dead). So, the only rooms left were the kitchen, living room, Sam's room and Deans. And since Cas had newly become human, he needed to sleep somewhere. Sam had insisted on having his room to himself.

"No way am I sharing a bed with you, no offense.. I already take up the whole thing." He added quickly. Sam had a good point. Dean leaned on a column, arms crossed. He didn't look mad, just expressionless. Cas tilted his head, looking over at him. Dean noticed and cleared his throat. "I don't really care where you want to sleep, man." He answered.

And so, Cas was set to sleep on the couch in the living room. When night rolled around Cas had borrowed a pillow and a blanket from Sam and walked past a guest room where a demon slammed on the door, screaming. Cas jumped, walking quicker at that. He stopped as he approached the couch and took a good look at it before setting the pillow down, sitting on it and finding it moderately comfortable. He pulled the blanket over him and tried to fall asleep. He would have found it easy to sleep, but one: There wasn't any heat in the living room at all, and two: there were demons trapped around every corner and they were shrieking their, as Dean would say, asses off. Cas was brought to the point of freezing from cold and wished that he had asked for a thicker blanket, or had his wings, which were always warm. He tightened his grip on the blanket and tried to curl up to collect warmth. Nothing was working, so he shut his eyes and tried to fall asleep again. There was the click of a flashlight turning on and a stream of light hit his face. Cas assumed it was a demon, and opened his eyes sleepily to see Dean standing over him. "Hey Cas. Are you okay?" He had a worried look in his eyes.

"Yes, I am." Cas sighed, rubbing his eyes. "It's just that it is very cold and there are demons screaming in my ear every time I fall asleep."

Dean sighed, and put a hand on his shoulder. He lowered the flashlight. "I have a bit of space in my bed if you want to share." Cas looked down, frowning as he stood.

"Are you sure? I think I will be fine here-" Dean silenced him by squeezing his shoulder. "I insist." He said, and Cas obliged, not wanting to anger him, following him into his room. They managed to fit in the bed, and he realized that Dean was right, it was a small bed. Large enough to fit him, just not two. They faced away from each other, but still touched, since, once again, small bed. Cas relaxed immediately. This was much more comfortable than the couch. It was warmer in his room, and the demon screams were muffled by the closed door. Just as he started drifting off, he heard Dean mumble.

"Stop elbowing me in the freaking ribs, Cas." Cas realized that he had his elbow digging into Dean's side. He pulled it away quickly.

"I am sorry, Dean."

Two

The next night, Cas entered Dean's room at a later time, and found that he was asleep already. He slowly got into the bed as quietly as he could and pulled the covers over himself. Dean let out a guttural, quiet, and low sound. He remembered Sam calling it a "snore". He felt Dean's weight shift and an arm snake up around his arm and entwining his hand with his. Cas froze, unsure what to do. Right. Humans do this as a sign of relaxation, I believe. I must hug the hand back. He squeezed Deans hand and heard him sigh afterwards. It took him by surprise when he felt Dean bury his face into the crook of his neck. He felt something warm stir in his chest. For the first time (ever) he felt contempt. Relaxed, he fell asleep almost instantly.