9. Broken Wings

Prompt: Character A (Cas) is seriously injured in the middle of nowhere, Character B (Dean) must nurse him back to health.

100 views! WOO (I've said this before, but I'll say it again because I'm really happy) Thank you guys!

Cas hadn't come back from a hunt, alone. It had been almost a week, and he usually cleaned them up quickly, being an angel in all. Dean was honestly starting to get worried for his friend. He made a mental note to start looking for him tomorrow. He had left multiple voice messages, but there had been no reply.

"Hey Cas, once your done with that hunt of yours, come down to visit, okay?" No response.

"Hey Cas, It's me again. Where are you? Get over here." No response.

After those two, he left about a dozen more. He woke up bright and early at dawn, throwing on a jacket and shoes, heading out the door to drive off and find him. Dean remembered Cas saying something about a warehouse nearby with a nest of vampires living inside. He also remembered seeing a warehouse as he passed by in the Impala on a beer run. Dean drove off, trying to remember what the road looked like, and made a note to pay attention to road signs more often. Soon, he came to a crossroad near the warehouse he had passed. Dean decided to get out right then and now. "Cas?" He called out. Dean started shouting his name for a few minutes (which seemed like hours) until he heard a faint voice in the distance.

"Cas? Call me, please. Me and Sam are getting worried." He heard the voice say. It was one of his voice messages. Dean rushed towards the sound, and came to a nearby ditch. He stopped in his tracks when he saw a limp body inside. As he grew closer he noticed that there were strange markings up and around the body, stretching for what seemed like miles. Dean kneeled down and traced a finger along the marks, pulling it back to find it was ash. He turned back to the body, and let out a horrified yelp. It was Cas. His phone was thrown aside in the mud, slick with blood and dirt. Half of Dean's phone number was projected on the screen.

He turned back to Cas, and grabbed him gently by the shoulders, and was surprised to see that two oval-shaped holes were in the mud, covered in soot, which started to follow the markings, connecting them. Dean's eyes darted to Cas's back and found that two oval shaped holes, similar to the ones in the ground, had burned all the way through his trench-coat and shirt, leaving two burn marks under his shoulder blades to the small of his back. "Oh god, Cas." He realized that the ash markings were his wings, burned away from loosing his grace. Dean realized that Cas was now human. He pressed two fingers to the side of his neck, and found a faint, slow heat beat.

He raised him up, bending back down to pick up his phone, and dragged him to the Impala, gently putting him down in the backseat, driving off back to the bunker. Dean quickly carried him inside, looking around for Sam, who wasn't there. Shit. He must be on another beer run. He carried Cas to his room, taking off the soaking clothes (leaving on his boxers, of course) and throwing them aside. Dean walked back out to his bathroom, opening a cabinet. He grabbed a few rolls of bandages and a half empty bottle of alcohol, and remembered to grab a box of tissues on his way out. Dean walked back to his room, and started to inspect his wounds.

There were knife gashes up his chest and stomach, and bruises all over his face. On his neck there were two small holes, currently bleeding, probably made by a vampire. He pressed tissues over the bite, putting bandages over them to secure them and hold them in place. Dean moved back to the slashes, finding most of them just wet from the rain, and wrapped bandages around them. He sighed, stepping back, having his work done. Dean pulled the covers over the ex-angel and pressed two fingers to his neck again. He found a stronger, steadier heart beat. Dean didn't want to leave Cas alone, fearing he might die in the middle of the night, so he pulled up a chair next to him and watched him for a few hours, then found himself falling asleep, and couldn't stay awake any longer.