31. A Pie For Dean

Prompt from: Cow_trash

C:
___________________________

When Dean had taught him how to cook, Cas had been falling in love with him ever since. And Cas had a plan.

When the Winchesters were out one day, Cas hopped onto the Internet to search for a recipe for a pie. He knew that apple pie or pecan pie would be fine for him. So, he found a recipe for pecan pie, and found that they had all of the ingredients needed. He started with the crust, kneading out a doughy mixture of cinnamon, sugar, flour, and salt. Once he had finished, he padded it along the sides of a tray-pan.. Thing-after spraying it, of course- and the bottom. Then, he started on the inside.

He took pecans, cinnamon, butter, corn syrup, eggs, and vanilla extract. He threw them into a bowl and stirred it until it turned brown. He gently poured it into the pan, over the crust, and decided to decorate it a bit. He kneaded some of the dough into thin lines, and made crisscrossing lines over the top. He placed the pie in the oven, and closed the door of it.

All he had to do now was wait.

The door of the bunker swung open and Dean walked in a few thirty minutes after he put in the pie.

"Hey, Cas. Sam decided to stay at a bar so-holy shit... What is that smell?" Dean was stopped in his tracks. Dean exhaled before inhaling as quickly as possible. "Is that.. Pie..?" He asked him. He walked over to Cas, the scent of pie getting stronger and stronger as he came closer.

"Yes, Dean.. I um.. I wanted to make a pie." He blushed slightly. "For you."

Dean raised his eyebrows. "For me?" He asked, before grinning.

"That's awesome! So when's it gonna be ready?" The Hunter was already excited.

As if on cue, the timer beeped. Cas turned around and opened the oven, taking out the pie with two oven mitts. When he turned around, Dean was staring at it, mouth open wide. "That's.. That's a pie. I'm impressed, Cas." He smiled again. Cas felt his face go red and he looked away.

"Here you go.. Um.. It's for you, so you must eat it." He hoped he did not sound demanding. Dean looked at the pie with an amused look. "As much of how it looks good, and I want to eat it, I can't eat it alone." Dean commented, glancing back at him.

Cas tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

Dean's eyes flashed with frustration. "Just help me with this goddamn pie, Cas." Cas sighed and gave up. He followed him to a table in the kitchen, and sat down next to him. Dean cut out a slice for him, and set it on a plate. Cas took a fork from a drawer and turned to the slice. Dean was right. It did smell good. When he looked over, Dean had already gone through half of a slice of pie.

Cas took a bite out of the pie, and sighed in pleasure. "I did not expect it to be this good."

"Well, yeah, it defied my expectations. Plus, it's made by my angel." He smiled slowly, before realizing what he had said. A light blush came over Dean's face, down to his neck. "I-I mean... I meant.. Uh."

Cas took the time to take a bite of the pie, and saw Dean glancing at him once again, a sheepish look on his face. That turned to amusement as his eyes flickered to his lips. "Um.. You.. You have a little.." He gestured to his own mouth. Cas wiped one side of his mouth.

"No, wrong side."

He wiped the other.

"A.. A little to the right-you know what, fuck this."

Cas was shocked when Dean pressed his lips to his. But, he reacted quickly, pulling the Hunter closer by wrapping an arm around his neck. Dean only broke away to take in a few short breaths and sigh in content. But they did break away to actually breathe.

They stared at each other for a few seconds before Cas spotted movement in the corner of his eye. Dean was holding the plate. "Hey, let's finish this together."

Cas fell into his arms, and Dean dragged him to the couch to finish the slice of pie, of course after shoving the rest into the fridge for Sam to try when he got back, probably drunk.

They decided to cuddle on the couch instead, because it was a cold night, and a light breeze filtered through the open window.

"Dean?" Cas said hesitantly.

"Yeah?" Dean responded with a muffled voice, since his face was buried in Cas's hair.

"I.. I love you. I always have. Since I rebuilt your soul and dragged you out of Hell.." Cas told him quickly, shutting his mouth soon after.

"I started loving you after we became friends.. I love you, Cas.. I love you so much. You're my angel."

Cas hugged himself deeper into Dean's chest, his reply lifting weights off his chest. They both relaxed faster than they thought, and fell into a quiet, happy sleep.

Sam, who was drunk, came home to find them, and the pie. Of course, he took the pie. He couldn't believe what he saw. But then he woke up the next morning and found them again.

He was proud of them.

___________________________
Was that good?
2k VIEW HYPE JSNDJCMOSIFJNSUH

THANK YALL SO MUCH

GODDAMN
I LOVE THIS BOOK

WOW

okay

*breathe in, breathe out, Grace..*

BUT SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU GUYS! ❤️
Vote Goal: 135-140 for the next story!

:D