Dreary Days

Courtney's pov
It was finally the end of the day and I couldn't stand another minute being in the same room as Sam.

Ashley drove me home and I went up to my bedroom. I collapsed on my bed then my phone rang, I picked the phone up and immediately dropped it.

It was Sam, I was so angry at him and so mad but I was mostly sad because he broke my heart.

I got up and went to my bathroom, and I turned the tub on.

Ashley's pov
I went home and grabbed an apple, then I got a text from Sam. Can we meet I hesitated and then replied yes.

I grabbed my keys and drove to the park. When I got there Sam was on the bench. "You know I really shouldn't be talking to you" I said.

I sat next to him, "Ashley......I don't remember" he said. I was confused "what?" I asked.

"I don't remember doing it with Veronica" he said. "Sam...you were really drunk" I said.

"But when Courtney saw me she left the party then I left" he said. "Veronica told me that after I saw Courtney I took her upstairs" he said.

I sighed "so.." I said, "I think she's lying" he said. I sat up, "I need you to talk her and see if you can get anything out of her" he said.

I nodded "is she okay" he said. "No not really" I said. He put his head in his hands "I have to go but I'll see what I can do" I said getting up.

Courtney's pov
After my warm bath I started my homework. My mom knocked on my door and I let her in.

"Honey.....here" she said handing me a white envelope. It was addressed to me, I ripped the seal and opened it. It was an invitation for Scarlets funeral.

I looked up at my mom, she left and I set the card on my bed and stared at it.

Sam's pov
I went home and up to my room but my mom stopped me at the stairs. "Sam....I sent the invites to the funeral."

Honestly I didn't want to go to the funeral because it just reminds me of what I did to her. "It's tomorrow" she said.

I nodded "I think Scarlet would like it if you would speak?" She said. I nodded and headed up the stairs.

I pulled out a piece of paper and started to write.

Courtney's pov
I finally finished my homework and I just wanted to watch Netflix. I opened my computer and put on vampire diaries.

I watched until my eyes got heavier and I fell asleep.

I woke up in my bed with my computer next to me. I looked at the time, I got up quickly and put on a tight white shirt and some jeans.

I put my flip flops on and quickly braided my hair in a fish tail.

I grabbed my bag and a granola bar from downstairs and headed outside. My mom was waiting for me in the car.

I put my seat belt on and sighed "are you going?" She asked.

"Yeah I think I'll ask if Ashley can drive me" I said quietly trying not to think of Sam.

When we got to school I got out and went to my locker. Britney was there but Ashley wasn't. "Where's Ash?" I asked, Britney shrugged.

Ashley's pov
I walked down the hallway and I saw Veronica, I grabbed her arm and pulled her into the nearest bathroom.

"Hey" she said annoyingly, "okay I don't know what your deal is but you need to tell the truth" I said.

"What are you talking about?" She asked putting her hands on her hips.