Sick

Courtney's pov
1 week later

My mom has been acting really strange lately. I can't figure out why, I got up this morning and saw my mom making her smoothie again.

She has done it every morning, I have been watching her very closely. Today was a Saturday so I got up and I sat on my computer for a while.

I went through all my social media and did a few things for homework. I was really happy because it was almost summer and I was going to be a senior.

My phone buzzed and I picked it up. It was Sam.

S: hey can I come over?
C: sure
S: k I'll be there less than an hour, my mom is making me go to the store for her.
C: haha okay

I shut my phone off and put my hair up in a pony tail. I went down stairs and saw my mom wasn't in the kitchen.
I went back upstairs and went to my moms bedroom.

I went into her bathroom and opened some cabinets. I don't really know what I was searching for.

I just knew she was hiding something.

I opened the bottom cabinet and saw a black small bag. I pulled it out and unzipped it.

A bunch of pill bottles fell out, I picked one up,and a weird name was on it. I was so confused why my mom would have all these pills.

I heard footsteps so I quickly put the pills away and shut the cabinet. I exited the room and saw my mom.

"Hey honey..whatcha doin" she said, "um..I was looking for you" I said.

"Oh I was just downstairs" she said, I nodded and smiled. "Okay I'm just going to go downstairs" I said.

She nodded and I quickly went downstairs. I went out the front door and rubbed my head. I sighed and went to the mailbox.

I opened it and saw mail stacked up. I grabbed it and flipped through it while I walked back into the house.

I closed the door and saw a letter that was addressed to my mom from a hospital.

I set the rest of the mail down on the counter and opened it. It was a bill, I looked through it.

There were multiple charges and there were a lot. "Honey did you get the..." She said coming out of her office. She saw me holding the letter.

"Courtney put that away" she said grabbing the letter. I stared at her "mom what are all those charges for?" I asked.

"Nothing..it's nothing" she said setting down the letter.

"Doesn't look like nothing" I said, "mom..are you sick?" I asked stepping closer to her.

She looked down and started to cry, a tear fell from my face.

"I have cancer" she said, another tear fell down my cheek.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys hope you like it!!!! Please comment and vote!!!!