Breathe

Courtney's pov

We finally got home and it was really late. I quickly got out of the car and went inside straight up to my room.

When I entered my bedroom I stopped. I looked around, everything was in its place. My bed was a mess, the windows were open, one light was on, and my phone was sitting silently on my window seat.

I swallowed, I walked over to my window and closed it. I then picked up my phone and put it in my desk drawer. I got into my bed and turned off the light.

Even though I couldn't sleep I couldn't get up either I could face my friends and face that I had forgotten them and forgotten that my mom was dead and my dad is in California and that my sister is alive. I just couldn't.

I heard the door open and I sat up. It was Sam. "Hey" he said, I looked at him. "How are you?" He asked.

"Not great" I said with a straight face. He nodded and turned to leave.

"Wait......will you stay with me?" I asked. He looked at me and nodded. I moved over and pulled the covers off.

Sam climbed into bed next to me and put his arm around my waist. I missed him so much. He placed his hand on mine and then I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up Sam was gone and it was late. It was dark now so I slipped on a sweatshirt and some shorts and put on my flip flops.

I threw my hair up in a bun and quietly opened the drawer and took out my phone.

I snuck down stairs where Jessie was sleeping on the couch. I opened the front door and went outside.

The only cars that were in the driveway were Jessie's and mine.

I walked a few blocked before I sat down on the sidewalk and pulled out my phone.

I unlocked it and went to all my social media. I sat there forever going through everyone's pics and snapchatting all my friends.

I updated my profile pictures and texted some people back. Then I went to my voice mails.

I had a lot from Sam and Ashley and Britney. I deleted all of them and then I got to the last one.

It was from my mom the day she died.

I hesitantly clicked on it and held the phone up to my ear.

"Hi sweetie I was just calling to see when you're going to be home, you're probably out with Sam so get back to me as soon as you
can, I love you."

A tear fell from my check as I removed the phone from my ear. I pressed save on the voicemail.

Sam told me that my dad hasn't called him back and they haven't gotten in contact with him.

I dialed his number and pressed the cold screen against my ear. No answer.

How could I ever think he would answer. He didn't care any more. I stayed out all night thinking and crying. When I finally decided to go home, it was 6 am and it took my an hour to get home.

When I got home Jessie was up and she was rubbing her eyes as she drank coffee. When I opened the door she turned her head and ran towards me.

"There you are, where did you go?!" She asked. "I went to think" I said, I slipped past her and opened the fridge.

"Courtney if you want to talk I'm here" she said. "Thanks Jessie" I said.

"Okay well I have to get to school, Sam said he would come over around lunch" she said.

I nodded, she grabbed her bag and phone and left.

Now it was just me.

------------------------------------------------------
I AM EXTENDING THE BOOK PROBABLY 10 MORE CHAPTERS! Please comment and vote!!!!! Hope you like it!!!