First Day

Courtney's pov

Today was Jessie's fist day of school today. She is starting 10th grade. Today was my first day back since my mom died and I found out about Jessie.

I was still adjusting  to everything. I got a call a couple days ago saying the they have prepared my moms body all I have to do is send out the invitations.

I slipped on a dark blue tight soft long sleeve since it was windy today. I slipped on some jeans and left my still long hair down.

I slipped on my converse and put a little makeup on. I went downstairs and fixed some breakfast.

I made a couple pancakes and when I was finished Jessie came downstairs in a black crop top, some jeans, and black flip flops.

"Cute" I said looking at her, "thanks" she said.

She said down in the bar stool in front of me. "Are you nervous?" I asked flipping my last pancake.

"Just a little, what about you I know it's hard going back to school after you mom died" he said.

I gulped, "I'm just.....I'm fine" I said handing Jessie her pancakes and sitting down next to her,

After eating we hopped in the car and I drove since Jessie is only 15. When we got to school I took Jessie to the principals office to get her schedule.

We walked in and Mrs. Jenis smiled at me. She handed Jessie her schedule and we were about to walk out but Mrs. Jenis stopped me.

"Courtney I've noticed you missed a few weeks off school, is everything okay?" She asked. "Um...well it's just been a little hard lately...my mom passed away last week and I just found out Jessie is my sister" I said trying to be calm.

I thought about telling her I told my dad to go away because he lied to me and I hated him but I kept it to myself.

"Oh my gosh Courtney I'm so sorry" she said putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Thanks" I said half smiling, after that little chat I went to class and do my boring science work that I had no interest whatsoever.

I just wanted the day to end, I walked with Sam to my locker and sighed realizing I still have like 3 hours of school left.

I shut my locker and stopped for a second. "You coming?" Sam asked, "yeah I see you later" I said. He slowly nodded noticing I needed some time to myself.

I grabbed my bag and headed for the exit, I couldn't sit in those cold hard chairs and stare at a board all day. I needed to get out.

I got in my car and drove to the beach, it was windy today and the water was cold so there weren't that many people on the beach.

I grabbed my sweater and out it on, I walked on the beach for a while thinking about my mom and my dad. How did my life become so complicated? Where did it go all wrong?

I started to walked down the the big sharp rocks, I knew it was dangerous because the waves were high and the were crashing on the rocks but I honestly didn't give a crap.

I stepped on stock and climbed onto another. I finally got to the tallest rock and stood on top of it.

I cool feel the cool mist trickling down my legs as the waves hit the rocks. I looked out to the horizon. Then a big wave hit the rock and scared me, my leg moved off the rock and I slipped off the rock. My leg scraped hard against the rock, I tried grabbing for something anything but it all happened so quickly.

I fell and hit the water, waves rolled over me and I couldn't breathe. I rolled over under and then my head came to the big black rock.

Time lapse

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I opened my eyes, all I could see white.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I know I haven't updated in a while but this book will soon be coming to an end but I still have maybe 7 chapters left so yeah. Please comment!! And vote!! I hope you guys like it!!