Love

Courtney's pov

I zipped my black dress up and pinned my hair up slowly. I clipped the diamond necklace around my neck and slipped on a few rings.

I put on my black pumps and put my pearl earrings in. I looked in the mirror and looked at my face.

Sam had gotten me a limo so I wouldn't have to drive myself.

I walked slowly downstairs and walked towards the door. Sam was standing next to the limo.

I made eye contact with him but then I kept my head down. He opened the door for me and I slid into the seat.

He got in and shit the door and nodded at the driver to drive.

It was silent, I didn't say a word to Sam. I couldn't deal with him right now. I'm going to my moms funeral I should be thinking about her. But thinking about her just makes me cry.

Tears filled my eyes but I held them together in my eye.

When we got to the cemetery Sam got out and opened the door for me.

I didn't make eye contact with him only because I was afraid the tears in my eyes would soon break and fall.

Everyone was already seated and looking at me.

Sam walked behind me not next to me like we planned before. I looked at Ashley and I could see in her eyes she could tell
Something was wrong with Sam and I.

I looked at all seats, one was empty and it was behind me on the second row. My dad was supposed to sit there.

I took my seat and Sam sat next to me and the service started.

After the service everyone talked for a little bit and one by one everyone left.

I stayed right in my chair the entire time staring at my mothers casket in the ground.

I could feel someone walking towards me. They stopped and slipped their hands in their pockets. I knew it was Sam.

I looked at him, his jaw clenched and then I looked down at the floor.

I stood up and walked towards where the limo was parked.

When we got back to my house Sam let me out and I started to walk towards my front door.

"Courtney" he said, I stopped in my tracks. "I can't keep going like this" he said. A tear fell from my cheek.

More tears came and I started to cry. He touched my shoulder. "Courtney I'm right here, okay? I right here" he said.

"I know" I croaked, "I miss her" I said. "I know you do" he said. I turned to him. "It hurts Sam, so much" I cried.

"And I'm trying, I'm trying to make sense of it and accept it, but....I just can't" I said.

"She's gone...forever" I said, "and she's never coming back" I said.

He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my head in his chest. "I love you" I said.

"I love you too" he said. He put his hands down and I wiped my tears away. "She's gone" I whispered to myself as Sam took me inside.

Jessie was sitting at the counter eating a spoonful of peanut butter. She dropped the spoon and came over to me.

"Are you okay?" She asked, I nodded "this time I think I am" I said. She smiled and Sam rubbed my back.

We ended up making some lunch and watching movies.

The next day I got Jessie ready for her dance tonight. She's going with Dylan!

"So are you excited" I said curling her hair. "Yeah" she said, "can you and Sam be nice to Dylan, please?" She asked.

"When are we never not nice?" I asked. She nodded "true, but please don't embarrass me" she said.

"Well you are my sister so I kind of have to embarrass you" I said setting the curling iron down. She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

I finished her hair and then I did her makeup and she put her dress on.

It was a pretty light purple dress, it had sequins and pearls on the top and she had cute silver colored strappy heels.

I stood behind her in the mirror and then we heard the doorbell.

Sam's pov

I opened the door and there was Dylan. "Hi Dylan I'm Sam Jessie's sisters boyfriend" I said inviting him in.

He smiled, then I heard the clicking of heels from across the room. "By the way is you hurt her I will end you" I whispered.

I laughed inside because he looked at me and stiffened. Courtney took pictures and then they left.

It was great Courtney was happy. I know she wasn't completely over everything but at least she was smiling.

She wrapped her arms around me and smiled. I looked at her and kissed her. "I'm thinking Netflix" she said.

"Yeah" I said nodding. We went upstairs and laid in her bed and watched Netflix the rest of the night.

-----------------------------------------------------
Hey guys hope you like it sorry I haven't updated!! Please comment and vote!!