Waking Up

Courtney's pov

I.
Was.
In.
A.
Hospital.
?
¿

My eyes drifted over to the four people standing over me. They were saying things, my name? What were they asking?

Then a man in a white coat came in. The four people silenced themselves. "Courtney? Can you hear me? Can you look at this light?" He asked holding up a pen light looking thing.

"What's going on?" I asked, "what am I doing here?" I asked. "Courtney I'm going to ask you a few questions, I want you to answer them" he said. Everything was blurry, there was a ringing sound, what was going on?

"What is your name?"

"Courtney"

"When is your birthday?"

"June 17, 1997"

"Do you know who these people are?" He asked pointing to the four people standing next to me.

I looked at them, three girls, one boy.

"No" I replied.

I watched their faces fall into a worried expression. "Courtney it's Sam, you know who I am" he said.

I shook my head, "where are my parents?" I asked.

They all looked at each other. "Courtney your mom is  dead...remember?" The girl with brown hair said.

I blinked "what?" A tear fell down my cheek.

"Courtney hit her head extremely hard on the rocks.....she has lost her memory" the doctor said. "Can she get it back?" The boy asked.

"I don't know, it may come back but it may not" he said.

"Courtney.. Look at me...you don't remember?" The boy named Sam asked me.

I shook my head, I had no idea who these people were. My mom was dead, how?

"Courtney it's your sister Jessie" she said. "Sister?" I asked, "this Ashley and Britney, do you remember them, they're your best friends" Jessie said.

I looked over and saw Sam he was running his fingers through his hair and he looked like he was going to cry.

I winced and looked down at my leg. My leg red and there were stitches in my leg. "What happened to my leg?" I asked.

"You hurt it pretty badly, they had to sew it up" Jessie said choking back tears.

I touched my head and felt a small cut, I had no idea what was going on.

Sam's pov
I stepped out of the room and placed my hands and head on the wall. I was crying, Jessie came out "Sam.." She started.

"What.." I said roughly, "she's going to be okay" she said. "Ho do you know that?!" I asked lifting my head up from the wall.

"She can't even remember us! She doesn't know who I am and where she is!" I yelled.

Jessie's eyes started to fill up with tears but she wiped them away. "Did you call her dad?" I asked.

She shook her head, I got out my phone and dialed his number.

Straight to voicemail.

"Of course" I said sliding down against the wall.

"The doctor said we can take her home, but she needs to rest" Jessie said.

I nodded, Jessie went back in the room.

Later Courtney was discharged, she stood up and I grabbed her hand but she pulled away acting like she didn't know who I was. But it was true she didn't.

My chest ached I needed to touch her I needed to know she knew who I am.

She limped a little as we brought her to the car. I drove the car and Jessie was next to me and Ashley and Britney were in the back with Courtney.

It was silent, I wanted to scream and yell and cry but I kept this look on my face that kept myself from breaking down.

When we got home Courtney looked like she knew where we were. She walked in the house and looked at the stairs. She went up them and we all filed into the house.

I sat on the couch and put my head in my hands. Jessie went to her room and shut the door.

Ashley's mad Britney sat down and stared at the wall.

I didn't know what to do.

She didn't know us.

She doesn't know who anyone is except her mom and dad.

I got out my phone and walked to the front door. I opened it and sat on the step.

I dialed Courtney's dads number, straight to voicemail.

I cursed under my breath. I looked up at the now gray sky. A tear slid down my cheek.

She.
Doesn't.
Know.
Who.
I.
Am.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys I hope you like it!!! Please vote and comment what ya think!