Chapter 46~

Man I'm on a roll

at first I was like "meh lets do a time skip" but then I remembered I put some work drama shit in here didnt I WOWIE I nEED TO CONTINUE THAT SO HOLD ON

---

Mike spent more and more time in his office, and more and more time away from Jeremy. The brunette tried several times to keep Mike from stressing about the lawsuit, but nothing seemed to help. Mike even yelled at Jeremy a few times, but Jeremy wasn't bothered. He knew Mike need his space, and that was all. This didn't stop Jeremy from being at Mike's house as much as possible.

"Morning." Jeremy smiled a bit. Mike groaned and sat down at the table, rubbing his temples in frustration.

"I made you breakfast." Jeremy set a plate down in front of Mike. Today was the day he went to court with a very angry parent. Jeremy knew that pissing him off today wouldn't be good.

"Thanks, Jeremy." Mike quietly responded.

"I also ironed your clothes for today." Jeremy sat across from Mike and stared at him intently. "..I'm also worried about you.."

Mike sighed and looked up at Jeremy. "I'm sorry, baby. After today everything will be fine.. Hopefully."

"It's fine, I understand. As long as you're okay." Jeremy slightly chuckled.

"Wait, today is your photography interview, isn't it?" Mike said, looking down at his phone and noticing the date. "Shit, I won't be able to go-"

"It's fine. I'll be okay on my own." Jeremy interrupted.

"No, I'm not letting you go over there alone." Mike said sternly.

"Mike.." Jeremy gently spoke. "Your job is more important than my possibility of getting one. I'm sure they'll need me alone eventually, anyways."

Mike slumped in his chair. "I feel like I've just been a bad husband lately."

"No, it's not your fault. You'll get through this, and it'll be fine; just like you said. Now come on, you're gonna be late." Jeremy pushed the plate closer to Mike and hopped up from his chair. The blue eyed male couldn't help but smile as he watched Jeremy walk away, wondering how he ever got so lucky.

A few hours after Mike left, it was Jeremy's turn to get ready. Seeing as it was mid-spring, Jeremy decided to wear something warmer. He put on a plain, pastel pink t-shirt and a pair of jeggings, along with his usual black converse. It took a lot of conversing with Scott over Skype to get him to decide on an outfit. Jeremy hated to walk in empty handed, so he brought a small backpack with his camera in it, along with a sketch book in case he got bored. With Mike always working and Scott gone, Jeremy had a lot more time for himself. He used that time to pick up the drawing skill, and actually wasn't half bad in his own opinion.

The building was small, nothing too fancy. There was a statue of a camera in front of the building. Birds sang in the background as the gentle wind brushed passed the leaves of the trees and the sun beamed down upon the pavement.

Jeremy entered the building, immediately being hit by the air conditioning. It reminded him of when he first met Mike. Anxiety was still there, but not as much.

"J-Jeremy Fitzgerald." He spoke quietly to the lady at the desk. She smiled to him kindly and looked through a book behind the desk.

"I see. Are you ready for the interview now? Or do you need a few minutes? You seem nervous." She asked, a thick birtish accent coating her words.

"I-I'll go now, thanks." Jeremy smiled a bit. She nodded and stood up, signaling for him to follow her.

"Not many males work here, they say it's too much of a girly job." The woman talked on the way down the hall. "I don't understand why."

Jeremy could only slightly chuckle to acknowledge that he'd heard her. She led him into what he assumed was her office and sat down.

"Well I guess first things first; I'm Summer." She smiled. "Don't be nervous, darling. I don't bite."

"Okay." Jeremy sat down in a chair across from her desk.

"Your friend, Scott, I think, told us a lot about you." Summer smiled. "You're 20, yes?"

"Yes." Jeremy confirmed.

"You're going to be graduating from college very soon. Do you plan on going back for a higher degree?" Summer questioned.

"I don't think so, I think I'll be just fine with this one." Jeremy answered honestly. He just wanted to be done with school.

"Do you struggle with paying your student tuition?" Summer clicked her nails against the desk.

"Yes, ma'am." Jeremy nodded.

"I see, so a job would really help you for the last couple a weeks?" Summer raised her eyebrows.

"Yes, that's probably why Scott started looking into this for me." Jeremy chuckled slightly.

"Well I think he was right to do so." Summer pulled out a packet and looked it over. "According to this, you're very intelligent. So far, you're doing just fine. Now, for questions that'll actually matter in the long run." Summer smiled and gave Jeremy a look that said that he needed to relax. Jeremy felt his shoulder drop slightly as he became less tense, preparing himself for every question that Summer was about to ask him.

---

MMMMMMM IM HUNGRY