Chapter 57~

Mkay lets go

---

Mike awoke in the middle of the night to a trembling male clinging to his shirt tightly. He had no idea why Jeremy was so scared, until a strong boom shook the house and made Jeremy whisper. Mike put his hand on the brunette's sacrum, shushing his husband. Jeremy shook and buried his face in Mike's chest, panting.

"Shh.. You're okay.. It won't hurt you.." Mike cooed softly. He could feel Jeremy's heartbeat pound against his own chest, Jeremy's breathing staggering. Jeremy felt like crying. He was so scared it was embarrassing. Not to mention the mild panic attack he was having.

"You're going to be okay, Jere. I've got you." Mike kissed Jeremy's forehead. "Take deep breaths."

Jeremy did his best to follow Mike's instructions, but lightning lit up the room and made him jump.

"Close your eyes Jeremy, and breathe." Mike whispered, still attempting to calm the smaller male. Jeremy covered his eyes in Mike's shirt, his breathing calming slightly. Mike gently rubbed Jeremy's sides up and down. Jeremy stopped shaking, his grip on Mike loosening as the thunder rolled away from them, not shaking the house anymore and causing relief to wash through Jeremy's body.

"Are you okay? Do you need anything?" Mike asked.

"I-I'm fine." Jeremy nodded.

"Are you sure? I can make you some hot chocolate or something if you want. We can watch TV until you fall asleep." Mike offered.

"..Can we cuddle?" Jeremy asked.

"Of course, babyboy." Mike smiled, kissing Jeremy's cheek before handing him the remote. "Pick a channel, I'll be right back." Before Mike walked out of the room, he clicked on the Christmas light they'd hung around the room for summer lighting. Jeremy channel surfed, not finding anything he wanted to watch. Until we came across Nickelodeon, which immediately made him smile. The Fairly Odd Parents buzzed in the room, making Jeremy grab a pillow and lay on his belly across the bed. Mike soon came back with Jeremy's favorite mug. It had a Lenny face on the bottom of the mug that was visible when he turned the cup up.

"Thanks, Mike." Jeremy smiled before sitting up and taking the mug from Mike, taking a sip. Mike got behind him and pulled the brunette into his lap, kissing his neck in a more passionate than sexual way.

"I love you, and I hate seeing you all scared like that." Mike confessed.

"I hate being all scared like that. I feel like my chest is going to explode and I feel like I could burst into tears just from blinking." Jeremy sighed.

"I can't keep you from panic attacks, but I sure as hell can help you afterwards. If you ever have an attack and I'm not there for whatever reason, call me. I'll be right over, I promise." Mike ordered.

"You're such an amazing husband Mike." Jeremy blushed.

"Thanks, I try." Mike grinned, holding Jeremy's waist as the green eyed male watched TV. Jeremy's hot chocolate was soon gone as he yawned quietly. Mike took the empty mug and set it aside, letting Jeremy rest in his arms. The younger male nuzzled against Mike's body, cherishing the warmth. Mike smiled when he heard his partner snore gently, his mouth opened slightly. The older male gently set Jeremy down on the bed, careful not to wake him, before pulling the covers over him. Mike proceeded to wash Jeremy's mug for him to use in the morning and turn off the lights around the house before crawling back into bed with Jeremy, being the bigger spoon as he pulled Jeremy's back against him. Jeremy smiled in his sleep at the familiar arms around him. The rain only gently pattered against the roof above them, the storm not heard at all and the panic that had at first awoke Mike completely demolished.

---

wOo