Chapter 63~

Ugh I love™ winter he's the best™ fucking™ cutie™ I loVe™

---

Jeremy ruffled Winter's hair, smiling apologetically at the frowning child. "I promise I'll be back soon, Winny. I'll even bring you a picture from work, okay?" He attempted to cheer Winter up.

"Dada no leave.." Winter whined as he grabbed Jeremy's leg. The brunette's heart instantly exploded, and guilt filled him. He had to keep reminding himself that he had to work to keep Winter happy in the first place.

"Your dad is gonna be home all day with you, doesn't that sound like fun?" Jeremy pushed Winters hair back.

"But, miss you!" He added.

"Winter, I have to go. Ask dad and I'm sure he'll let you call me." Jeremy sternly spoke. Winter pouted before letting go.

"Kisses!" He demanded. Jeremy smiled and picked the blue eyed child up, laying several kisses on his cheek. Winter giggled before kissing Jeremy's nose.

"I love you, Winny. Call me if anything goes wrong, okay?" Jeremy returned to his gentle voice. Winter replied with simply a nod. Jeremy set him down and smiled.

"Be home soon." He blew a kiss in Winters direction before grabbing Mike's car keys and leaving.

Winter ran towards the shared bedroom, stumbling of course. He peeked in the doorway to see Mike shirtless in bed, his arm hanging off the side and his lips parted slightly. Winter ran inside and climbed on the bed, surprisingly not waking his father. He frowned and shook him.

"Dada.. Wake up.." He whispered, shaking Mike's shoulder a bit tougher. Mike groaned and opened his eyes before smiling.

"What is it babyboy?" Mike asked sleepily.

"Dada just left.." Winter pouted.

"He'll be back later," Mike insisted.

"Too long!" Winter crossed his arms.

"Somebody is grumpy. It's bath day, too." Mike sighed.

Winter gasped. "I have to bath now!"

"Don't you want breakfast?" Mike chuckled.

"No! Baaaath!" He jumped on the bed, falling but giggling as he laid over Mike's torso.

"Alright, I'm up." Mike sighed before sitting up and setting Winter on the ground next to the bed. "Come on, little buddy." Mike stood up himself and walked towards the bathroom. Winter followed behind excitedly. Mike turned the handles, starting the water and checking the temperature.

"Is this okay?" He asked Winter, who stuck his hand under the faucet and gasped.

"Too hot, dada." He whimpered.

"I'm sorry, baby." Mike frowned before kissing Winters hand. He turned down the hot and slightly turned up the cold. "Try it again."

Winter was more hesitant this time, but was greeted with a more comforting temperature this time. He nodded and smiled up at Mike, showing that it was okay. Mike put the plug in the water and let the tub begin to fill.

"You can go pick 5 toys to bring with you in the bath, okay?" Mike raised his eyebrows. "And hurry, I wouldn't want the water overflowing while you're gone." Winter laughed before running off to his room. He grabbed a boat, a duck, a fish, and two mermaid dolls. He wrapped them all in his favorite yellow blanket before carrying the load back to the bathroom. By then the tub was half full with bubbles and water.

"You came back just before I could turn the water off." Mike chuckled before taking the toys from him, dumping them in the tub before folding the blanket and setting it on the sink.

"Arms up." He spoke. Winter lifted his arms up and Mike slipped him out of his shirt. He helped Winter step out of his pants, holding his hand before gently dumping him in the tub, making Winter giggle.

"Head back." He picked up a cup and filled it with water as Winter tilted his head back. Mike used his free hand to shield Winter's eyes before pouring the water down his hair, running his fingers through the short, wet mess.

"Have you named your new toys yet?" Mike asked, squirting some shampoo onto his hands and rubbing it through his hair.

"Mhm. Bee and Flower." He pointed to the blonde mermaid, then the brunette. "They love eachother, because dada said bees love flower."

"That's right, they do." Mike smiled. "Tilt you head back for me one more time." Winter did as told and Mike rinsed the shampoo from his hair, still shielding Winter's eyes.

"Dada can I wash myself?" Winter asked.

"Of course." Mike chuckled, getting the soapy rag ready before spreading the soap around. He handed Winter the rag and watched as he rubbed circles on his chest, giggling and looking at Mike.

"You can't just wash your chest, Winter." Mike laughed. "You have to wash all over." He took the rag from Winter, washing the rest of his body before tickling his stomach gently. Winter giggled and pushed Mike away before pouring the water onto himself.

"You can play with your toys for a bit, I'll be back when it's time to get out." Mike said before placing a towel in front of the tub, just in case Winter spilt some over the side. He dried his hands before going to get Winter some warm pajamas to get into. He knew how cold Winter would get after bathing, so he always got his clothes ready before he got out.

He returned to the bathroom with Winters clothes, seeing him splash the mermaids around and kiss. He laughed before setting the clothes next to the towel.

"Time to get out." Mike said, pulling the plug.

"Aw." Winter whined.

"You can play with your dolls in your room." Mike smiled. Winter nodded before getting out of the bath, allowing Mike to wrap his towel around him. He dried off and Mike helped him into his pajamas, Winter's teeth chattering from the cold. He grabbed his wet dolls and took them into his room, laying them on the blanket to dry. Mike sat in his room, pulling out his work laptop and beginning to work.

"Can I play dada's computer?" Winter asked. Mike knew he meant Jeremy's, since he made him his own account on his laptop. He patted the spot next to him on the bed and pulled out Jeremy's laptop. Winter hopped on the bed and crossed his legs, waiting for Mike. The older male turned on the laptop and signed into Winter's restricted account on the laptop. Jeremy had took the time and effort to block most websites on the computer. The only two Winter played were Starfall and PBS Kids. He also liked to draw on paint, since Jeremy had a pen pad for his computer.

Winter opened paint and began drawing, Mike looking over every few minutes to check on him before returning to work. Winter tugged at his sleeve and caught Mike's attention. He looked down at the drawing, which consisted of Mike, Jeremy and Winter in a field. Winters name was the only one spelled out, it being the only word he knew how to spell.

"I love it. How about we print it out and put it on the fridge for Dad to see later?" Mike suggested, to which Winter nodded and smiled excitedly. They printed the photo and placed it on the fridge as they previously promised. To say Jeremy was proud when he got home would be an understatement.

---

cut cute cute shit for your soul I'm in public and I want to go home la lA LA