Fake You Out ↣ Punk!Phil

Another ♪songfic!♪ kinda long
Punk!Phil/Pastel!Dan is one of my fav AUs not gonna lie.
This one is based on "Fake You Out" by twenty one pilots. Not really punk but eh whatever it works.
Trigger warning: Self-harm (Ugh I'm sorry)

You try not to let tears come out of your eyes, even though you really, really want to cry.

Tonight was another one of those nights. A night where your demons got too loud for you to stay sane.

You hear a car pull up outside, so you stomp outside into the cool, dark night, slamming the door shut behind you.

♪I want to drive away. In the night, headlights call my name.♪

"What is it this time, (Y/N)?" Your boyfriend, Phil, sighs as you angrily get into the passenger seat of his car. You slam the car door just like you did the front door of your house. His car is black, just like his hair, clothes, and pretty much everything else he owns. Some Muse song is playing on his radio. Of course it's Muse, it always is. It is his favorite band after all.

"I can't do this anymore, Phil," you reply, shaking your head.

"What the hell (Y/N)?" Phil exclaims, looking over at you angrily.

"What?" You spat, glaring at him.

"I thought you were clean, (Y/N)!" He looks down at your arms, which are covered in fresh blood and cuts.

♪I, I'll never be, be what you see inside♪

You yank down the sleeves of your black sweatshirt to cover the cuts. You shake your head and finally let the tears come out. You're not sobbing, only silently letting a few tears rolls slowly down your face.

"What was it this time?" Phil sighs. He sounds so exasperated, like he's completely given up on you. But yet here he is, still holding on to you, even with all of your problems.

"My parents," you whisper. "So called friends. My own mind. Everyone."

"I cannot believe you," Phil mutters angrily. "I actually cannot believe you would go and do a stupid thing like that."

You look over at Phil. His hands grip the steering wheel tightly, and your eyes follow the tattoos on his wrist all the way up his arm until they disappear under his black tee shirt. His piercing blue eyes stare angrily straight ahead at dark road in front of him. He absentmindedly chews on his black lip ring.

"I-I'm-"

"No, don't even say you're sorry," Phil interrupts. "I'm tired of you doing this to yourself." He sounds annoyed, but you know deep down he cares. If he didn't care, he wouldn't be here right now. "You don't deserve this. I don't deserve this, okay? I thought you loved me."

"I-I do love you, Phil," you protest.

"If you loved me, then why would you hurt yourself? Every time you hurt yourself, you hurt me."

You look out the window, into the night. He's right. You know he's right. You know you don't deserve this, and neither does he. You know everything already, but you just can't bring yourself to stop.

♪You say I'm not alone, but I am petrified♪

"Where are we going?" You mumble instead.

"Where do you think?" Phil shakes his head. His voice softens when he glances over at you and sees how upset you are. "My place."

"I could've stayed at my place. I would've been fine..." You mutter, crossing your arms and sinking down in the car seat.