Rings And Rain ↣ Phil {Requested}

Requested by dunwithdan. I hope you enjoy!

"Phil?" You call through the flat. "Phil!"

"Coming!" You hear a response shortly afterward.

You smile a little to yourself at the fact that Phil waited until the last minute to get ready. Of course he would.

This morning, Phil woke you up and told you he had a surprise planned for the evening. And after the surprise, you would join him during his nightly live show.

No matter how much you begged, he wouldn't tell you what the surprise was. You even tried to ask Dan, but his lips were sealed. He was in on it too apparently.

After waiting for another ten minutes in the lounge, Phil finally comes down the hall and into the room.

"Finally," you joke, standing up from the couch.

"Sorry," he smiles, trying to look innocent. "Maybe I did spend too much time on my laptop..."

"It's okay," you laugh. "As long as we're not late to...wherever we're going." You look up at him. "Where are we going? You still won't tell me."

"It'll ruin the surprise!" Phil smiles, the corner of his tongue poking out a bit. You love that smile. You love him.

(Authors Note: Who doesn't love Phil?)

You frown as the two of you walk out of the lounge and start down the stairs.

"Is it...a fancy restaurant?" You guess.

"No, thankfully," Phil replies.

"You're right, you're right," you mumble, waving him off. "We would be dressed up."

"What, is this not fancy enough?" Phil asks, pretending to be offended.

You look at his outfit. It's a simple blue shirt with black skinny jeans and dark blue shoes. While the shirt fits him perfectly, (not to mention how good you think it looks on him) he would definitely not be accepted into any fancy restaurant.

"Not really," you laugh.

Phil pouts. "Okay..."

"Hey, I'm not fancy either," you say, looking down at your faded band tee
and jeans.

"Come on, (Y/N), you look great," Phil smiles and intertwines his hand with yours.

"Thanks," you smile back. "But not as good as you."

"That was cheesy (Y/N)," Phil laughs a little.

"It was," you admit.

He smiles a little to himself, and you can't help but wonder what he's thinking.

"So..." you draw out the word and squeeze Phil's hand. "Can I have a hint?"

"Nope," Phil says like an excited child. "Guess again!"

"Hm..." you smile at his amusement. "A moderately casual restaurant?"

Phil shakes his head.

"A concert?" You ask hopefully.

"Nope," Phil smiles and bites his lip, amused at how confused you are.

"Okay okay!" He says as the two of you reach the end of the staircase. "I'll give you a hint."

"Thank you!"

Phil reaches for the doorknob, but pauses before he opens the door.

"It actually has to do with me going outside!" He says excitedly.