She's A Nice Niece ↣ Dan {Requested}

This imagine was requested by Thatdorkhaley . I hope you enjoy!

"Will you stop being so nervous, Daniel?"

"Hm?" Dan looks over at you, his chin resting on his hand. His leg is bouncing up and down.

You lean your head on his shoulder and take his hand. "I said stop being so nervous. It's just my sister."

"And your niece."

You half-laugh. "Yeah, my niece too. What's wrong with that? She's a nice niece."

"She's only two!"

You hold up a finger. "Well technically, she's only a year old."

"Oh, she's even younger then!" Dan groans.

"Dan, calm down. We're only babysitting for a few hours," you say, your tone even.

Dan takes a breath. "Well, yeah, but I don't think I can handle a baby for a few hours."

"Sure you can! It'll be easy."

"Since when was babysitting easy?"

You ignore Dan's question. "It'll be fun."

"It'll be tiring," he groans.

"It'll be a learning experience," you try to sound optimistic, even though you're nervous about handling a baby yourself.

"(Y/N)!" Dan exclaims. "All I'm gonna do is learn that I can't handle a child."

"Dan," you say, squeezing his hand. "You can handle it. Everything will be okay."

Dan sighs and looks at you. A small smile forms on his face.

"Okay. I'm not changing any diapers, though," he laughs.

"You won't have to," you laugh.

Dan smiles and relaxes a bit. "When is your sister coming?"

"Um..." You bite your lip and advert your eyes from him.

Dan raises his eyebrows.

"...About ten minutes?" You say, and immediately wince afterwards when Dan's eyes go wide.

"(Y/N)!" He sits bolt upright. "Ten minutes?!"

He jumps up off the couch and starts rushing around the lounge.

"Ten minutes?!" He repeats as he frantically tries to clean up the pillows, blankets, snacks, video games, and miscellaneous things that are cluttering up the lounge. "The flat looks a mess!"

He looks down at his bare chest and wrinkled pyjama pants. He hasn't straightened his hair yet, so wavy curls sweep across his forehead. "I look like a mess!"

He stops rushing around and looks at you. "You look lovely, though," he says quickly, bending down and kissing you on the cheek.

You smile and blush as Dan's lips softly peck your cheek.

"Dan," you laugh a little. "Don't worry about the lounge, I'll clean it up." You stand up and poke his chest. "You go get dressed."

"Right," he nods. "Make sure there's nothing she could knock over."

"I will—" You playfully roll your eyes.

"Or eat," he persists.

"Dan—" You start to push him out into the hallway.

"And make sure there's nothing she can hit her head on or anything—"

"Dan, just go!" You spin him round and push him toward his bedroom door.