No Trip ↣ Phil

So remember the "Road Trip" imagine with Dan? This is Phil's side of that story. (Also that picture of Phil is so adorable like I cannot)

"Um, Phil?" You say as you look down in confusion at the letter in your hands. "Phil!" You call, ascending the stairs of the flat.

"Yeah?" You hear him say.

You reach the top of the stairs, and you see Phil in the bathroom trying to put in his contacts.

"Um, I just checked the mail, and..." Your voice trails off as you stare down at the letter. "Well, I think you should see this."

Phil puts in his left contact, but he immediately winces and takes it out.

"What is wrong with these?" He mumbles, putting the lens back in the pot. He shakes his head and gives up trying to put the lenses in. "I gotta get new ones..." He leans down and starts rummaging through the cabinet drawers.

"Phil," you say again, sighing and leaning against the doorway.

"Huh?" Phil looks up at you and shakes his head. "Oh, sorry. I was just trying these new contacts out before I get ready..." He straightens and takes the letter out of your hands. "Sorry. What were you saying?"

You stay silent, watching him as he opens the envelope. His lips move a little as he silently reads to himself.

"Notice of Eviction?!" Phil exclaims. "Reason: failure to pay rent?!" He shakes his head. "This must be a mistake! We-we always pay rent! I gotta call the landlord-" Phil rushes out of the bathroom.

You follow him up the stairs and into his bedroom, where we picks up his phone and quickly types in a number.

"Um yes, this is Phil, one of your tenants," Phil says as he sits down on the edge of his bed, his face creased with worry. You sit down next to him and hold his hand. He glances over at you and squeezes your hand before looking down again. "I got a letter today saying my flatmate and I didn't pay the rent and we're getting evicted-"

There's silence for a while as the man on the other end answers.

"But it must be a mistake. We pay our rent," Phil shakes his head. "No. No, we-I said no." He puts his hand on his forehead. "The letter has our address on it, but-" He pauses. "Yeah. Yeah, okay. Thank you. Bye."

He hangs up and sighs.

"What'd he say?" You ask.

"He said he's going to come over in five minutes and work this out," Phil explains.

You cock your head and look at him. His hair is kind of up in a quiff from sleeping, which you don't mind at all, but it's quite messy for a visit from the landlord. Not to mention the fact that he's shirtless and only wearing Star Wars pyjama pants.

"Phil."

"What?" He asks, completely clueless. His eyes widen as he suddenly jumps up and runs out of the room.

"Where are you going?" You call after him, laughing a little.

"I've got to take a five minute shower!" He calls back, and soon after you hear a loud thud.