The Ballad Of Mona Lisa ↣ Dan

Songfic for "The Ballad Of Mona Lisa" by Panic! At The Disco

Requested by my girl Naepock . Give her a follow. (yOu BeTTeR eNjOy ThIS kATIE oR I-)

Just as you finish applying the last coat of your blood red nail polish, you hear a knock at the door of your flat.

♪She paints her fingers with a close precision♪

"Come in!" You call. You know it's your boyfriend, Dan. The two of you have dinner plans for tonight. Against Dan's better judgement, at a fancy restaurant. You hope everything goes well. Knowing you two, though, something awkward is bound to happen.

"(Y/N)?" You hear Dan's familiar voice as he enters your flat. You carefully put away the nail polish and go to greet him.

He smiles warmly when he sees you.

"Hey," he says, quickly kissing your lips. You take extra care to not hit your newly painted nails on anything. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah," you say, your voice slightly raising in pitch. You feel a slight pang of guilt. You really haven't been doing okay.

"Good," Dan says softly, looking into your eyes.

Tell him, (Y/N). Tell him you relapsed.

"So I was thinking after we go to the restaurant we could come back and watch a movie or something? Maybe stop by my place?" Dan asks. He's dressed rather sharply, in a pressed white shirt with a black suit jacket and matching suit pants. He looks really good.

"Y-Yeah," you nod. "Let me just finish getting ready."

You return to your bedroom and change into your outfit for he evening: the ever classic little black dress. After slipping on some matching black heels, you look in the mirror. Your blood red lipstick and fingernails pop against the monochrome dress.

"Um...(Y/N)?"

Dan's voice pulls you away from the mirror.

"Yeah?" You ask nervously. Dan sounded upset. You quickly look around your flat before finding him standing in the kitchen, his back toward you.

You freeze in the doorway. Your throat goes dry, and you can't seem to find any words to say.

"(Y/N)..." Dan slowly turns around to face you.

He's holding an empty bottle in his hand.

♪He starts to notice empty bottles of gin♪

Dan looks down at the bottle in his hand, then back up at you. Anger flashes through his eyes.

"I thought you said-"

"-That was from a while ago," you interrupt him. "A long while ago. I-I just never got rid of it."

Lies.

Dan continues you glare at you.

"Then why is there still some left?" Dan asks, raising the glass bottle and shaking it back and forth. A few drops of clear, brownish liquid swishes in the bottom.