I'm Not Scared, Pt. 2 ↣ Dan

"You are Blake Langermann, a cameraman working with your wife, Lynn," Dan reads. "I'm Blake, you're Lynn," he mumbles.

"That means we're married then," you mumble back.

"What?" Dan's eyes widen.

"It says wife right there," you point at the screen. "Oh my God, Dan..." You smack your hand on your forehead and laugh.

Dan reads the screen and sighs from relief. "Oh..." He rolls his eyes and smiles. "For a second there I thought Phil told y-"

You look over at him with wide eyes. "What?!"

"Nothing..." Dan laughs nervously and averts his eyes from you.

You freeze. 'For a second there I thought Phil told you.' Told me what?! Is Dan talking about...

"I'm just joking, (Y/N)," Dan laughs. "I'm not going to propose to you...yet."

You roll your eyes, but can't stop the smile growing on your face. "Let's just play," you bite your lip and your cheeks heat up.

"I made you blush again!" Dan exclaims triumphantly.

"Let's just play!" You repeat, playfully hitting Dan's arm.

Dan laughs, then reads the rest of the introduction.

"Here, let me try a version that can serve as an intro for the whole piece," A woman's voice says in the game. The screen is black, and there's noises that sound like a helicopter in the background. "Tell me when we're good."

"Okay, uh, we're good," A man's voice says. Lynn and Blake, you presume.

The dialogue continues, but suddenly Lynn stops speaking.

"We lost the engine!" Blake exclaims.

Beeping noises, screams, shouts, and utter chaos can be heard in the background. You and Dan just look at each other with wide eyes.

"Um..." Dan says, looking sideways at the screen. "What is-Oh, not an upside down cross!" He groans and cringes. On the screen, an upside down cross in flames appeared. "You know I hate religious-culty things!"

The next scene is your character, Blake, falling down a hill. He's calling out to Lynn. Nothing seems particularly scary yet, except for the spooky desert atmosphere.

Dan gasps. "Can we start controlling?" He exclaims.

"No, I can start controlling," you joke, taking the mouse from him.

"Oh, fine," Dan rolls his eyes. "But as soon as you get scared, it's my turn."

You take the mouse and start controlling Blake. "Ooo...we got the camera again..." You say, pulling up the camcorder in game.

You make Blake start walking through the desert.

"Try knocking," Dan says when Blake reaches a small wooden house.

"Maybe I don't want to knock," you say quickly.

Dan half-laughs. "Are you afraid to knock?"

"N-No! I-fine." You left click, and breathe a sigh of relief when no one answers the door.

"See?" Dan smiles, but you can tell he's making fun of you. "Was that so bad?"

You roll your eyes and nudge him with your elbow. "Shut up. I'm not scared."

"Oh, you're not?" He laughs.

"No, I'm not, actually," you say matter-of-factly. You boldly grab the mouse and move Blake to another house. This one is open, so you stride right in without a second thought. You walk through the house, but stop short once you reach a table in the other room. A bloody dead man is sprawled across the table.