Girls/Girls/Boys, Pt. 2 ↣ Dan

Just as you finish straightening your hair, you hear three knocks at the front door of your flat.

"That must be your boyfriend!" You hear your mother call from the lounge.

Your smile falters, and you sigh. Before you head to the living room to greet Dan, you take one last look in the mirror.

"I am (Y/N)," you whisper to yourself, looking at your reflection straight in the eye. "I am bisexual, and I am proud of myself."

♪And never did I think that I♪

You've said it, now if only you can believe it.

"(Y/N)!" Your mum calls, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Your boyfriend is here!"

You take a deep breath and rush to the lounge. Dan is standing there, looking rather handsome in a white shirt and sharp black jacket. He left his hair natural, brunette curls swept across his forehead. There is no denying he looks good. (You are bi, after all.) And, it's Dan. He always looks good.

♪Would be caught in the way you got me♪

But you have a girlfriend, a girlfriend you love, a girlfriend who's a secret.

♪Push another girl aside and just give in♪

Dan looks in your direction and offers a small smile.

"Hey, (Y/N)," he says, awkwardly clearing his throat. "You look...amazing."

You feign a smile and pretend to be madly in love with Dan, like your mother thinks you are. You close your eyes and kiss Dan's cheek.

"Thanks...love," you say awkwardly.

"You guys are so cute!" Your mum exclaims. "I...what's the thing you kids always say?"

You and Dan exchange glances.

"I ship you!" You mum beams. "That's what the kids say, yeah?"

"Yep!" Dad laughs awkwardly and gives you a tight side hug. "You ship us...because...we're, um...dating."

Your mum suspiciously looks at your and Dan's nervous smiles. She opens her mouth to say something, but your father walks in right before she can.

"You must be Dan," he says, holding out his hand for Dan to shake. "How are you?"

"You too," Dan replies quickly. He immediately blushes in embarrassment and his eyes widen. "I-I mean, u-uh...good. I am doing very good."

Thankfully, your dad laughs off the awkward moment. That doesn't stop you from cringing. Dan looks at you apologetically.

"It's nice to meet you, Dan," your dad says, walking over to the front door.

"Finally!" Your mother gushes, excitedly taking Dan by the arm and leading him outside. You roll your eyes and rush out after them. "I was beginning to think (Y/N) would never find a boyfriend!"

"Mum!" You exclaim.

"Oh, neither did I, Mrs. (L/N)..." Dan chuckles, looking back at you. You shoot him a glare, causing him to clear his throat and turn back around.