I'm Not Scared, Pt. 1 ↣ Dan

Trying to make these somewhat shorter, so I split this into two parts.

"And joining me tonight because I was terrified of filming another video alone...(Y/N)!" Dan says quickly before laughing and gesturing to you.

"Hey! It's me!" You wave at the camera. "I apologize in advance for taking Phil's place while he's away...I'll try to keep the bants going." You laugh.

"I don't know how you'll 'keep the bants going' while you're too busy SCREAMING LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!" Dan yells in your ear, laughing victoriously like he just gave you the worst insult ever.

"Okay, firstly," you say, making a face and covering your ear. "You're the one that's going to be screaming," you point your finger at him. "Because secondly, I don't get as scared as easily as you do!"

Dan tilts his head and looks at you. "That's a lie."

"No it's not!" You protest, crossing your arms and pouting a little.

"Stop being so adorable, (Y/N), this is supposed to be spooky."

"I'm adorable? Look at you!" You smile, poking his cheek.

"Stop it!" Dan laughs, swatting your hand away. "We've been at this for five minutes already and we haven't even said what game we're playing!"

"Well I don't know even what game we're playing!" You make a face and hold out your hands in a shrug. "You just dragged me in here and said we were filming a video!"

"Okay, okay, let's get back into the immersion," Dan says. He's stopped laughing, but he's still smiling.

"Okay." You nod in agreement.

"So tonight, (Y/N) and I will be playing..." Dan pauses to laugh. "I still can't believe I actually chose this...The Outlast 2 Demo!"

You smile fades and your eyes widen. You whip your head over to look at Dan.

"What?" Dan asks quietly.

"Are we actually playing that?" You mumble. You don't want to admit to him that you're scared, but a part of you knows he's scared too. At least for the camera, anyway.

Dan nods, then breaks out of this private conversation between you two and turns to the camera. "Oooo...is someone...scared?!"

"Yes, actually," you laugh nervously and look at the camera. "But I'll do it!"

Under the desk, Dan intertwines his hand with yours.

"See? I'll play with my right hand, just for you," Dan smiles at you, his dimple showing.

"Hey, who said you were playing?" You smirk, grabbing the mouse with your free hand.

"Well I can't let you go through this traumatic experience, can I?" Dan says heroically. "It'll be less scary for you if I'm controlling."

You roll your eyes. "Dan..." You whine, drawing at his name.

"Okay, we can take turns," Dan says. He leans over and kisses your cheek.

A small smile spreads across your face, and you look down to hide your blush. "You better edit that out."

"Okay, I'll edit that out..." he says with a smirk. He puts his fingers on your cheek and turns your face so you're looking at him, then he kisses you on the lips. "But not that." He kisses you again. "Or that. Or that. Or-"

You can't help but laugh in between kisses, and Dan laughs too. "You better edit the hell out of this video," you say, covering your blushing face with your hands.

"Aww, I made you blush," Dan laughs, making a face that looks somewhat like the Lenny face.

"Shut up and let's do this stupid intro," you mumble. You hide your face even more, completely flustered.

Dan laughs before turning back to the computer screen. "So Outlast 2! It's perfect because it's short, and this channel isn't exactly known for doing full let's plays..."

"Oh yeah, didn't you, like, not finish the first Outlast?" You scoff.

Dan jokingly glares at you. "Okay, so I didn't finish it on the channel! It was Spooky Week and a one time thing. I finished it in my own time."

"Oh, so that's why I kept hearing high-pitched screams coming from the office?" You smirk.

"Stop bullying me," Dan deadpans, and you give a short laugh.

"So let's start the game!" You say nervously, looking at the camera.

"I thought you were scared!"

"Well..." You glance around the pitch black office. (Immersion, remember?) The only sources of light are coming from the computer monitor and the small fairy lights on the couch behind you. "Not anymore," you say quickly, though you are kind of spooked. "Let's do this!"

You try to ignore the spooky menu screen as you grab the mouse and click Play Demo.

To be continued...