Girls/Girls/Boys, Pt. 1 ↣ Dan

Songfic for "Girls/Girls/Boys" by Panic! At The Disco
FOR ALL MY BI FRENS OUT THERE

"(Y/N), love?" You hear your mum call from the kitchen.

Your parents are visiting from Manchester for a week, and you couldn't be more anxious. You love your parents and everything, but there's always been one teeny tiny detail you've never mentioned before...

Your sexuality.

♪Pose, you've gotta save your reputation♪

And on their little holiday down to London, you're absolutely terrified that they'll find about another detail you "forgot" to mention.

Your girlfriend.

"Yeah, mum?" You ask, turning off your phone and sliding it into your back pocket.

"When are we going to meet this boyfriend of yours?" Your mum asks casually, flipping to the next page in the book she's holding.

♪They're close to finding out about your girlfriend♪

Your heart skips a beat. You swallow back your fear before replying. "B-Boyfriend?"

"You said you were dating someone, yeah?"

You twist your mouth. "Y-Yeah..."

"Well, what does he look like?" Your mum sets her book down and looks at you.

You can feel the anxiety rising up in your stomach. You're suddenly at a lose for words. "Um...they're, uh...they have brown hair...b-brown eyes..."

"Do you have a pictur—"

"No!" You reply as quickly as you can, completely cutting your mum off.

"Okay..." your mum says, giving you a suspicious sideways look. "Are you feeling alright, (Y/N)?"

You nod and force an awkward laugh. "Yeah! Y-Yeah, of course!"

Your mum looks at you before relaxing a bit. A smile graces her lips. "Why don't you invite him over tonight? We could all go out to dinner, my treat."

Your heart skips yet another beat. "Mum, you don't have to—"

"I want to, (Y/N)," she interrupts, and you try not to sigh. "Your dad and I will pay and everything. I want to meet your boyfriend!"

Your mum smiles brightly and returns to her book. You try to force a smile for your mother's sake, but it looks more like a painful wince.

As soon as you think your mum is back to her reading and no longer suspicious, you immediately jump up from the kitchen table and sprint to your bedroom.

You grab your phone out of your back pocket and hastily type in your best friend's phone number.

You chew on the inside of your cheek as you nervously await for them to answer the phone.

♪But if you change your mind, you know where I am♪

"Hello?"

"You too! I mean—" You wince and cover your face with your hand. "H-Hey."

"(Y/N)?" The voice on the other end laughs. "What's—"

"—Dan, I need you to pretend to my boyfriend," you blurt out quickly.

There's a small hesitation on the other end of the line before Dan sighs.

"I'm guessing you haven't told your parents yet?" Dan asks, disappointment seeping in his voice.

You groan. "Is it that obvious?"

"(Y/N), I said I would do that one time," Dan says. "And I didn't even have to! The host of the party was bi themselves, you don't have to—"

"This time is different, Dan," you argue. "This isn't some party with our friends, this is dinner with my parents."

♪Yeah, if you change your mind you know where to find me♪

Dan sighs again. "Fine. I'll do it."

"Yay!" You exclaim, jumping up and down a bit. "Thank y—"

"—One condition," Dan interrupts.

Your smile immediately disappears. "...And that is?"

"You tell your parents the truth after dinner."

♪Cause I don't wanna save your reputation♪

The same anxious feeling as before makes you feel sick.

"D-Dan, I can't just—"

"(Y/N)," Dan says, his voice soft and gentle. "I know how hard it is, trust me. How do you think I felt before Phil and I came out? It was hard, and there was some people that were dicks, but it didn't matter. So many people supported us and loved us, and we loved each other, so it was all worth it."

You don't notice the small tears pooling in the corner of your eyes. You quickly wipe them with the back of your sleeve and mutter a response.

"Be over my house by six," you murmur into the phone.

"(Y/N), I love you, you know that? I'm here for you no matter what happens," Dan says firmly. Something about his voice and words make you feel a bit better, but you're still terrified.

"T-Thank you," you whisper, your voice barely audible. Your shaking thumb hovers over the End Call button, but you can't seem to hang up.

You hastily pull the phone back up to your ear, hoping Dan hasn't hung up yet.

"Dan?" You ask quickly.

"Yeah?"

You pause before replying, the words dying at your lips. "You'll...you'll help me, right? Tell them?"

You can practically hear Dan smile through the phone. "Of course, (Y/N)!"

And you genuinely smile for the first time that night.

To be continued...

Hey guys! So I'm asexual, but I think I'm biromantic ?? Or something ?

All I know is boys are cute and girls are cute but sex is not cute.

I don't know what that makes me, but I don't care. I am who I am, and I don't need any labels right now.

Part 2 will be out next Saturday, my lovelies