Road Trip ↣ Dan

"(Y/N)," Dan sighs. "I'm sorry."

You sigh too. It had been a long day.

First, Dan "surprised" you by waking you up earlier than usual and going on about how he wanted to go on holiday all of a sudden. It sounded fun at first, but while the two of you were driving through a small town in the middle of nowhere, the car ran out of gas. You two literally had to push it to a gas station.

Then you got a migraine, and of course you forgot to get a refill on your medicine, so you were pretty much useless for hours. Once your headache finally went away, you stopped and asked for directions, but ended up getting the wrong ones because the person's accent was so thick even you couldn't understand them.

Then, Dan almost got shot for accidentally trespassing on some crazy man's property. You were surprised at how fast he could dodge bullets.

And while you were stopped at a restaurant for lunch, Dan was recognized (how, in such a small town, you don't know), but the girl was the type of fan that was an extreme Phan shipper, so she absolutely hated you, since you're Dan's girlfriend. She actually yelled at you to stop getting in Phil's way so Dan and Phil could be together.

Speaking of Phil, he must have called you and Dan at least thirty times, but there was no service in the middle of nowhere, so neither of you could answer. You finally stopped at a hotel for dinner and got slow, weak connection. (But at least they had Internet.) You rang the flat, and poor Phil was all in a panic because the landlord was over and yelling at him for something. After Dan got all of it sorted, the two of you just decided to go home.

But of course, naturally, the two of you had no idea where you were going, and you ended up lost in some forest in the middle of the night. And of course, it started pouring down rain.

Let's just say the entire day was a disaster.

Currently, you and Dan are sitting in the car on the side of the road, in the dark, in the rain, in the forest, completely and utterly lost.

"Dan..." You draw out his name. "What made you think that we could go on holiday without actually knowing where we were going?"

"I thought it would be spontaneous."

You roll your eyes. "It was."

"Spontaneously romantic?"

"No."

Dan sighs again and leans his head on the steering wheel.

"It's okay, Dan," you say. "Let's just find a hotel to stay the night and everything will be fine-"

"How can you be so optimistic, (Y/N)?" Dan scoffs. "We're in the middle of the woods. I don't think there's any hotels around here."

"Just keep driving."

"That's what you said an hour ago."

"Dan, nothing's going to happen if we just sit here."

"Nothing else will go wrong if we sit here," Dan mumbles miserably, his head still on the wheel.

"Nothing will go right either."

Dan sighs and sits up. "I'm sorry."

"You said that already."

"No, I mean for that girl today at the restaurant. She was jerk, and I could tell you were uncomfortable."

"Dan, it doesn't matter-"

"And for that guy with the gun. He could've shot you too."

"You were the one he was-"

"And for getting us lost in this horror movie forest."