Not So Nervous Flyer ↣ Phil

Remember in the "Nervous Flyer" imagine I said "Part 2, maybe?" at the end? Well, this is the part 2!
^Also that gorgeous picture is the picture I'm talking about in this story.

As you nervously wait for the rest of the passengers to sit down in their seats, you think back to the last time you were in an airplane, exactly a year ago today.

But that was different. Last year, you were flying to Playlist Live and TATINOF US. Last year you were sitting in seat 82 B next to a grumpy man. Last year you were watching AmazingPhil on YouTube.

This year, you're flying to New York City for holiday. This year you're sitting in seat 36 A, and no grumpy men are sitting next to you. This year you're dating AmazingPhil.

"Are you alright?"

You tear your eyes away from the door where passengers are entering the plane and look at the seat to your right, 36 B. Phil is smiling at you, but you can see a bit of worry in his eyes.

You smile back and nod, but stay silent.

"You're shaking," Phil says, nodding to your leg.

You look down, and sure enough, your left leg is bouncing up and down. It's a little habit you always do when you're anxious.

"Um...I'm just...um, tapping my foot along to the beat?" You meant for it to sound like an explanation, but it comes out like a question.

"You're not wearing earbuds," Phil says, pointing to your empty ears.

You sigh. "Um..."

"(Y/N)!" Phil whines, drawing out your name. "I thought you said you weren't nervous! The only reason I bought tickets was because you said you'd gotten over your fear of flying!"

"I-I'm not nervous!" You protest, but it's a lie. You are nervous, and you haven't gotten over your fear of flying.

"(Y/N), I can tell you're nervous," Phil says. He takes your hand. "You should have just told me! We could've gone on holiday somewhere here-"

"-No," you interrupt. You take a deep breath. "It's fine. I'm fine."

I'm lying. I'm so very far from fine.

"We're going to New York, and everything will be fine," you force yourself to smile at Phil.

Phil squeezes your hand. "Just tell me if it gets too bad, okay?"

You playfully roll your eyes. "Phil-"

"I'm serious, (Y/N)!" Phil says. He tries to look serious, but he just ends up laughing. "I will personally land this plane and drag you off of it if you're uncomfortable!"

"Phil, I'm perfectly comfortable," you laugh with him. "And you can't fly a plane!"

"It shouldn't be that hard," Phil shrugs and adjusts his glasses. "Just like a video game, right?"

You shake your head and laugh, just as the last passenger sits down in their seat. The flight attendants make their rounds, checking the overhead compartments and instructing the passengers on what to do if there's an emergency. It makes you even more nervous.

When the plane starts moving down the runway, Phil squeezes your hand again.

"You okay?" He asks.