*SPOOKY WEEK SPECIAL* The Haunted Challenge ↣ Phil

SPOOKY WERK SPECIAL 5/7

"It's over," Phil says. "It's over. We're going home. We're okay. We're gonna be okay. Look, Dan's here. See? He's here. It's okay. We're okay."

But you don't hear him. His voice sounds as distant as an echo.

You're on the front steps outside the school, curled up and shaking like a leaf in Phil's arms. Your eyes are squeezed shut. You're clutching to his shirt for dear life, as if someone will try to pry you away from him.

"Phil! (Y/N)! What the hell happened?!" You hear another voice exclaim a few moments later. Dan.

Phil simply shakes his head.

He's not talking about it, and neither are you. Not yet.

Besides,

Dan can just watch the video.

SIX HOURS EARLIER...

You stumble blindly through the pitch black corridor, tripping over lockers and hitting your head on fallen wooden beams.

You don't know where you are.

You don't know where you're going.

All you know is you have to find Phil.

The spirit is gone.

At least, it hasn't shown up in a while.

Just not around you.

The last time you saw Phil, he went down into the basement. All you have to do is find the staircase and go all the way down.

You're on the third floor.

No, fourth.

You can't rightly remember.

A soft, silky voice jolts you out of your thoughts.

"Who are you?"

At this point, you're too tired to fight. You're almost too tired to go on.

So you reply, "(Y/N)."

A pale young girl appears out of thin air in front of you, her figure shimmering and transparent.

She dons a forest green dress and bare, bloody feet. Her mousy brunette hair is tied into a tight milkmaid braid.

"Why are you here?" The girl looks up at you, almost innocently.

"I...I don't know." You clear your throat and wonder why you're even talking to a little ghost girl in the first place. "I'm l-looking for...for my boyfriend. Have y-you s-s-seen him?"

The girl furrows her brow and frowns. "Your...boyfriend?" She says the word slowly, as if it's foreign to her. "You mean, who you're courting?"

Based on the girl's posh accent and they way she's dressed, you can tell she's definitely not supposed to be alive in this era.

"Yes." You use all your strength just to nod.

"You know," the girl blushes and looks down. "It's not proper to be courting at such a young age. Mother said."