Star Wars: The Whiskers Within, Part II ★ Dan & Phil

・。・゜★・。・☆..:*

"Hey. Hey, (Y/N). (Y/N)."

At the sound of a distant voice, your eyes flutter open.

A blurry figure hovers over you. After blinking a few times, your double vision becomes clearer. Dan is staring down at you, his chocolate eyes full of concern.

"My fault," Dan says. "I should've let you buckle in downstairs."

You're currently laying on the bed in the cockpit, Dan sitting on the edge next to you.

"It's o-okay." You try to sit up, but pain courses through your head.

"Whoa," Dan says, grabbing your arm and helping you lay back down. "You hit your head pretty badly when we made the jump. You need to lay down."

You frown and close your eyes. Laying down was not part of your plan. So much for proving how strong of a Rebel you are.

Your hand reaches up and holds your satchel close to your side. At least the plans for attacking the Death Star are safe.

Suddenly you remember. The Death Star. Attack. Alderaan.

"D-Dan?" You ask shakily. Tears form at the corner of your eyes, but you squeeze your eyes shut. A strong Rebel does not cry.

"Yeah?" Dan brushes his fringe out of his eyes and looks down at you.

You swallow back your tears. "Alderaan?"

Dan frowns and looks down. He slightly shakes head. "I'm sorry," he whispers. "The Death Star..." he lowers his voice, "...completely destroyed it."

You can't help but let a sob escape your lips. You cover your face with your hands to hide the tears rolling down your cheeks.

But Dan doesn't seem to care that you're crying. He simply helps you up into a sitting position and wraps his arms around you.

"I'm so sorry," he murmurs, holding you close.

"That was my home," you cry, hysteria setting in. The thought that the Empire destroyed everything and everyone you've ever loved is too much to handle. "My house, my friends, my..." you choke on your tears. "...my family. My father is dead. M-My mother is d-d-dead. My family is dead!"

"(Y/N), love—" Dan starts, but you slam your fists down on the bed, jolting him off you.

"Don't call me that!" You scream, jumping up off the bed. "Nothing you can say is going to make this better!"

Dan shuts his mouth.

Slowly, you lower yourself back onto the bed and lean against Dan's shoulder. He hesitantly wraps one arm around your shoulder and pulls you closer. He takes your hand in his and rubs circles over your skin with his thumb.

The two of you sit in silence for a good while, listening to the humming of the ship's engine as it flies through empty space.

"Where will I go after this?" You murmur after the silence becomes too painful. "I-I don't have a place to live anymore."

Dan does not hesitate to answer. "You can stay with m—"