*Surprise! A Josh Dun Imagine!* Drummer's Block ↣ Josh Dun

Okay, before y'all comment
"bUT LiZ tHiS IS A DaN AnD phIL IMAgINeS BoOK NOt A TwENTy ONe AIrPLAnE drIVERS—"

I don't care.
When you're an author, you can basically do what you want with your book. (Without being offensive, of course.)

And after writing that mile long Star Wars AU, I'm completely drained. I'm tired, ok? Don't hate me pls. Thnks.

And also....IM GOING TO A TWENTY ONE PILOTS CONCERT TONIGHT IM ACTUALLY CRYING THIS IS MY DREAM IM SEEING THE PEOPLE THAT SAVED MY LIFE IM—

*ahem*

Enjoy this Josh Dun imagine!
Don't worry, I'll get back to Dan and Phil straightaway.
{Trigger warning: anxiety}

"Okay, here we go."

You sit patiently on the couch, watching Josh practice. You love watching him perform, but practicing is even better. You get to share his mistakes, his discoveries, you get to see first hand how much he loves music.

But right now, Josh looks nervous. He has the same worried look on his face that he does before he goes on stage.

Josh takes a deep breath and picks up his drumsticks.

And he stares at the drum kit.

"Josh...?" You ask carefully, leaning forward. "You okay?"

Josh continues to stare down at the drum between his legs. His mouth is slightly agape, and his eyes are hazy. His grips his drumsticks so tightly his knuckles turn white.

"Josh," you press. "Josh."

"I..." Josh sounds, his voice barely a whisper. He looks up at you, eyes wide in shock. "I forgot."

You shake your head incredulously. "Josh, it's Ode To Sleep. You can't forget—"

"I forgot," Josh snaps, looking down at his drums again. His blank expression of confusion quickly turns into a scowl of annoyance. "I forgot."

"Josh, you've played this song a trillion times, over and over again for years," you say. "I doubt that you—"

Josh abruptly throws his drumsticks on the floor, the red wood echoing as it hits the ground. You startle a little.

"I never forget," Josh says, raising his voice. He leans over his kit and hangs his head in his hands. "Why am I forgetting now?"

You try to keep your voice calm and level. "Josh, calm down. You haven't forgotten. You just have..."

"I have what, (Y/N)?" Josh snaps, sitting straight up and glaring at you. "Tell me, because I sure don't know. Maybe I'm just not good enough!"

He jumps up from the stool and angrily steps over his drums, hitting a cymbal on his way. A loud crash rings through the room as Josh paces back and forth.

You take a quick breath and stand up, but Josh doesn't even notice you. He's too busy running his fingers through his hair and muttering about how he's not good enough, how he'll never be good enough.

"Josh," you say, taking a step toward him. "You just have...drummer's block, I don't know. You've been practicing too much. Just take a br—"