Bullies ↣ Parent!Dan & Parent!Phil {Requested}

I am l i v i n g for Parent!Dan and Parent!Phil.

Requested by That_Crazy_Dot . Thanks for requesting! Hope you enjoy.

"(Y/N), do you wanna tell me what's wrong?"

You look up at Dan, who's leaning over to meet your eye level. A look of worry is strewn across his face. Sadness is in his eyes.

You roll your eyes and cross your arms.

"No, not really," you reply, an annoyed expression on your face.

Dan sighs and stands up.

"Alright, that's fine," Dan takes your small hand in his and leads you up the stairs to your flat. "Do you wanna tell Dad Number 2 what's wrong when he gets home?"

You chew on your bottom lip and hold Dan's hand tighter as you start up the long flight of stairs.

"No, I don't wanna tell him either," you reply. You shift your backpack on your shoulders to make it more comfortable. Of course, your backpack is shaped like a Poké Ball. When your parents are Dan and Phil, would they ever settle for a normal backpack?

"Okay, (Y/N), okay," Dan sighs as he unlocks the door to the flat and takes you inside. "But you're gonna have to tell one of us what's wrong eventually. I don't like to see you come home from school crying."

"I wasn't crying," you snap. You turn away and quickly wipe the small tears out of your eyes so he doesn't see.

Dan raises his eyebrows at you and puts his hands on his hips.

"I wasn't!" You insist as you take off your backpack and throw it on the couch.

"Whatever you say, (Y/N)," Dan shrugs. "But when Dad Number 2 gets home, he's gonna ask you what's wrong too."

You roll your eyes again and flop down on the couch.

"Hey, (Y/N)," Dan sits down carefully on the couch next to you, his voice gentle. "I know what it's like to be an angsty teen, trust me." He laughs a little. "But talking about it makes you feel better."

You twist your mouth and look down.

"Alright, fine...when Dad Number 2 gets home I'll talk, yeah?" You finally say, letting out an exasperated sigh.

"Yeah," Dan smiles, then grabs the TV remote. "Now how about some Mario Kart? That always makes you feel better."

You reluctantly smile and wipe the last bit of tears from your eyes.

"I guess so," you say as Dan turns on the TV and Wii U. "But don't let me win this time."

Dan laughs loudly. "Trust me, I won't. It's on like Donkey Kong!"

You cringe and cover your blushing face with your hands.

"Dad, please don't say that ever again," you groan. "Ever."

"What?" Dan says defensively. "I have to make dad jokes sometimes!"

You roll your eyes as you select your favorite Mario character.

"Trust me, with two dads," you say, "I get more than enough dad jokes."

"You can never have enough dad jokes!" Dan argues. "I asked Tumblr and Twitter to send me in their best ones so we never run out!"

*~*~*~*

After playing a few rounds of Mario Kart, (and losing almost every race to Dan), the door to the flat opens. But neither you or Dan could be bothered to stop playing and see who it is.