Don't Be Sorry ↣ Dan {Requested}

Requested by CamiWantsCoffee. I'm so so sorry it took so long to write! I've been super busy with school! But I hope you enjoy! Thanks for requesting ^-^
Trigger warning: anxiety, panic attack

"(Y/N), can you come here for a second?"

You hear Dan call you from his room, and your stomach immediately flips upside down. His voice sounded upset. An anxious feeling begins to grow inside of you. What did you do wrong this time?

You hesitantly get up from Dan's sofa crease and walk down the hall to his bedroom. Before you enter, you knock quietly on the door frame.

Dan turns around from where he's sitting at his laptop and looks back at you.

"Hey," he says with a small smile. He gets up from his desk and walks over to sit on the edge of the bed.

"Hey," you reply quietly. You stand in the doorway awkwardly for a few agonizing seconds before Dan motions for you to sit down next to him.

"(Y/N), I was wondering..." Dan starts once you sit down next to him.

You look down at your lap and fiddle with your hands. The anxiety in your mind slowly becomes worse and worse.

"I was just looking at the comments on my latest video and..." Dan's voice trails off. "(Y/N)? Are you okay?"

You didn't notice it before, but you're crying. Tiny tears brim in the corner of your eyelids and roll down your cheeks.

"(Y/N), love, what's wrong?" Dan says worriedly, turning toward you and putting his hand on your arm.

"I-I'm sorry," you whisper, squeezing your eyes shut.

"You don't have to be sorry, (Y/N)," Dan half-laughs.

"Yes I do," you argue miserably. "I ruin everything."

A million thoughts fly through your mind, but you only focus on one: the video.

You and Dan have been dating in secret for almost a year, and yesterday you finally decided it was time to tell the Phandom.

Even though you were extremely anxious, the two of you filmed a "Girlfriend Tag" video. You obviously enjoyed filming with Dan, but the happiness quickly disappeared when you saw how much hate was started because of it.

The comment section, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, even FaceBook wasn't safe from raging fans who were beyond angry at you for just sitting next to Dan, let alone being his girlfriend. Thousands of people private messaged you, yelling at you and telling you horrible things, somethings you won't even repeat.

"You don't ruin everything," Dan says firmly. "They just-"

"Just look at the comments!" You exclaim, pulling your phone out of your pocket. You open the Twitter app and scrolling through the thousands of tweets from random teenagers you don't even know.

Your anxiety worsens with each and every tweet you read.

ew she's so ugly wtf ?!

she ruins everything!

Who's this bitch?

cant believe this girl is stealing dan away from phil smh

why is dan even dating her??